A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

As if they dont call you Sat-Thurs.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Well they do, but I'm trying to be good! :p

3. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

I love a cup of fresh ground coffee in the morning (or any other time of day, for that matter)

And, I kinda like burnt popcorn, as long as it's not too far gone.

4. ssmm

ssmm Well-Known Member

Breaking out of my shell

My friend JenniferS was sitting with me at work this week... talking about life, love, children, etc.- you know, all the usual things to talk about. Then we got to the discussion about her baby... and how she met her husband. She told me that I needed to break out and make myself available if I wanted to meet new people.
    It seemed pretty easy for her to do, but I don't know... sometimes I think being single is a pretty good deal :)
    But with cold weather coming soon, it would be nice to share warmth with someone...lol ;)
    (JenniferS- this post is for you!)

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Why start now?

Craig

6. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Oh Kaci ~ I didn't need to be reminded of that! No way am I ready for the holidays. Been a real crappy year for me and am even having a hard time thinking about Thanksgiving. Hopefully I will get more excited about it soon.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i can relate girl, i hate that i missed all the decorating for Halloween and am not able to travel home for Thanksgiving. i don't care what i have to do but my house will be decorated for Christmas and even though i guess all my shopping will be online, i will get all the shopping done. Hey, if anyone hits the dollar store or anywhere for cheap wrapping paper, let me know. i have a lot i bought last year after Christmas but i always run out.

8. ForeverFaithful

We did get some Halloween decorations done up, but nothing for Thanksgiving, which I usually have some things out. Did manage to go through some of my Christmas stuff and dig out my Christmas cards and the table clothes, etc so I can get them washed and then this weekend we are planning on rearranging the living room furniture to decide where to put the tree and go from there. Kids want to decorate the tree over Thanksgiving weekend.

Don't get to spend the holidays with my folks either, but did get good news while we were in Indiana....they are moving to Kentucky from Kansas, which will be a lot closer!!! YEA!!! Might be able to get to see them more!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Good for you FF, having family close enough to travel to is awesome, i so appreciate that the majority of my family is still in VA.

10. ForeverFaithful

I am just so glad that it will be no more than 12 hours compared to 26 hours! My husband's family will still be in KS, but he has no desire to really go see any of them. Waiting to see how many are actually going to come for the son's graduation. All say they are coming, but you know what they say, talk is cheap!

11. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Shhhhhh! I'm trying to be in denial, here. With one birthday 2 weeks before and another birthday 2 weeks after, this time of year really hits hard. (thanks for the reminder / reality check, anyway)

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

December is a busy month for us too, besides Christmas, there are both DH & my birthdays, plus our anniversary................what were we thinking?????? :lol:

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Why does my husband put mini Three Muscateer bars in the freezer?

mmmmmmm, popcorn......

14. nsanemom22

Good night :lol:

"muscateer" don't look right to me. no. I ain't gonna google it. or wiki it. or m-w it.

:wink:

15. nsanemom22

Ok. I m-w'd it.

musketeer
    Main Entry: mus·ke·teer
    Function: noun
    Etymology: modification of Middle French mousquetaire, from mousquet
    1 : a soldier armed with a musket
    2 [from the musketeers' friendship in the novel Les Trois Mousquetaires (1844) by Alexandre Dumas] : a good friend : BUDDY

...and why would one put their buddies in the freezer?

:roll:

ok! ok! good night ! :wink:

16. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

I do the same thing...it's yummy. :D

I.....must.....pull....away....from.....the.....computer......

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Re: Breaking out of my shell

Welcome to the board silly girl! Hey single men, this one's a keeper!

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I used to have a xmas acct where I worked, automatically they would just tuck away $10/paycheck (weekly) away in a saving acct, and then after Thanksgiving they cut the checks, and BAM.. that was an extra $500 bucks for xmas shopping (or in your case to help out with the birthdays that fall around the xmas shopping). Our new parent company lets us split a direct deposit between up to as many as 5 accounts, so I'm utilizing an old credit union savings acct to tuck $10/week into and calling that my xmas fund.

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Mmmm, P-Nut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are GREAT! :lol:

20. Itsmeagain

Itsmeagain Well-Known Member

That's what I was just gonna go fix for myself.