A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. chik

chik Well-Known Member

I'm off till next Tuesday. My son is leaving your cooler weather to come here for visit. Believe it or not when he lands in Denver tomorrow the temps are supposed to be in the high 60's.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO, my future dil just flew in from Chicago and usually just loves coming here for the warm weather but we are colder and wetter than what she just left :lol:

3. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Cleo, Missy, Keeper, Froggie, Koo,

It took me awhile to get back to this thread, but I just wanted to say thanks for the supportive comments. My Mom, bless her heart, came this morning to get the babes so I could go back to work. There was a lot of snugglin', huggin', (and moanin' and nose-blowin') around here yesterday, and I got caught up on some badly needed rest.

Thanks again. Just 1 more day 'til T-Day!

Snuff

4. robo321

robo321 Well-Known Member

Most bosses are never part of the solution!

5. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

You are welcome! You are so lucky you have your mom! I miss having any grandparents around to help out when in a pinch. :( Heck I just plain miss them!

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

What to do with three active dogs trapped indoors on a cold rainy day:

Two words. BUSTER CUBE.

I'm rolling with laughter ... and trotting along behind cleaning up all the messes they're making, crashing about the house ... but it's been so freaking funny. I needed the laugh, and needed to clean the house anyway!

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Please, what is Buster Cube?

8. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

And does it work on kids? :lol:

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

A 'buster cube' is a cube shaped toy, comes in different sizes for different sized dogs, made of hard plastic but without sharp/pointy edges or corners so the dogs cant quite get their teeth on it to chew/gnaw. Its hollow on the inside, so you can fill it with kibble. It's built so that it allows only one or two pieces of kibble out at a time ... so the dogs have to knock it around to get the kibble (or small treats) to fall out of a small hole. The dogs entertain themselves by rolling it, throwing it, trying to figure out how to get the food to come out. It rattles, so they know there's food in there ... my white shepherd is on a strict diet of prescription dog food, so I use her dog food (all of the dogs love her food) so they can all play.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1

I've had mine for YEARS ... my dogs are VERY hard on toys, and this one has lasted, tho I only use it sparingly.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks, we have a Kong which does the same thing.

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, some people love the kongs ... only one of my dogs, the collie, plays with it. He likes the way it bounces. He fetches it and chases it like a ball. I cant use them like other people do tho - cant 'stuff' them because of the sick dog - she can only eat her dry kibble, no treats or anything, but kongs are wonderful otherwise, yes!

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Woof Woof loves his KONG!

13. Miken

Miken Guest

new to 4042

Hi -- just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Why does the THOUGHT of going to the dentist make me start shaking and want to cry?? :cry:

(facing one of my biggest fears)

Going to try Riccobene if possible, since y'all have had so many good things to say ...

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Don't forget about Folden Lee!! He filled two cavaties in MM's mouth with NO pain meds and she didn't feel ANYTHING!!!!!

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Are you ever too old to just "want your mommy"?

17. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

N-E-V-E-R

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Absolutely not!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why can't I win the lottery so I don't have to work anymore.............oh wait, I actually have to buy tickets, don't I???? :oops:

20. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

The thought of PAYING the dentist makes me want to cry :cry: