A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:lol: That is cool! Thanks!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Congrats PG - so happy for you and proud (that is a whole lot of work you have put yourself through).

Gonna have to get you to meet up with my future dil - she is graduating in May from Marquette(sp?) and planning on moving down here to teach in JC

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

BTW, working all week and planning on shopping online and the internet is down really bites. Also, trying to catch up with what all you guys have talked about all week is impossible :lol:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm done with my XMas shopping and it only took me an hour! Miller Time! :lol: :lol:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've been to Walmart twice today and went to Kohls and I am STILL not done! Why do I have so many relatives??????????

But the weather today was fantasic! So were the steaks we had on the grill!

7. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

If I had to do that I'da shot myself after the first time.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Trust me!! I wanted too! I went under duress that is for sure, believe it not, Kohls was worse! I actually got checked out at Walmart faster than usual!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Girl, you have no idea how much i wish i could go shopping at Kohl's or Walmart - shopping online is cool as long as you know what you are looking for but takes freaking forever when you are trying to find that perfect gift for everyone. i have a big family too and i am going crazy.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So sorry Kaci!! I have done quite a bit of online shopping too, it is a pain to me, because I like to touch what I am buying, LOL! Let me know if there is something in particular you need, I'd be happy to get it for you since I am still not done!!

I was laid up Christmas two years ago with foot surgery that required 6 weeks in a removable cast, I completely understand where you are coming from. I had to ride the little buggies in Walmart and hubby actually pushed me in a wheelchair through the Cary mall so I could get my shopping done! :oops:

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I decided that I wasn't gonna let high BP get me down. You want me off my feet? Fine.

Saturday morning at Wal-Mart, I got one of those driving carts and finished my shopping. Yes, I got a few looks, but ask me if I cared, lol.

Shopping is done. Presents are wrapped. Baby Jen has my permission to make her appearance anytime now.

12. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Good for you, Jen! :D

Hey, does "Baby Jen" have a name yet?

13. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

LOL whenever I went into preterm labor my daddy pushed me around Walmart in a wheel chair so that I could get the rest of my baby stuff I needed.

It was like a derby race! :shock: :lol:

14. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Freaked me out when you came up to me. Didn't realize who it was for the first second!

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

LOL

Sorry I scared ya. Pregnant women in a motorized wheelchair have a tendency to do that I guess, lol....

16. Itsmeagain

Itsmeagain Well-Known Member

Having a hard time typing today think I should leave early!

17. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I think it will be a christmas baby or new years baby.

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Things my cat has taught me:
    You know how, when somebody posts a big picture or a big link, a scroll bar appears at the bottom of the page? I hate scrolling back and forth to read the posts when that happens. Well, just now, I went to scroll down a page with the scroll button on my mouse, and instead of scrolling down, the print got smaller, so the page showed up in a much smaller space. Huh? Well, Sheba was holding down the control key with her paw! So now I don't have to scroll back and forth any more, I can just reduce the image size and read the posts. :D

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It may be Christmas.. and I know its the time of year to be a little more charitable.

BUT....

My random thought/vent for the day is... I hate that someone that I once upon a time considered a friend did something terrible to another friend and then he vanished off the face of the local internet boards (and the local bars) for maybe 6-8 weeks. Then has the audacity to slither back out from under their slimy rock and act like nothings happened and think all is forgotten and everything's just like it was. Not having learned a thing... Can't face facts... can't grasp the obvious....

<sigh>

I vented.. I feel better now! :wink:

20. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Too cute. Gotta love cats, they're so educational!

:wink: Frogger