A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Squishy goodness is right.

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Heading to the Strawberry Festival hope to see a lot of you.

Sherry

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm trying to figure out how an antibiotic could cost $265. We still ended up paying $71 out of pocket after insurance and a $40 coupon. Holy Moses!!:?

Before anyone jumps my crap, I AM grateful we had insurance that covered any of it and praise the doc for giving us that coupon!! But $265???? For one week's worth? It was for something fairly minor, not like they were at death's door either.

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Nothing like waking up to dog poop on the floor and trash everywhere. They were told to clean it up last night but I see that they didn't. Don't bring your dog to my house if you're not going to watch him.

6. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

Men are from GM. Women are from Ford.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

What's the cost of not having it? A bacterial infection that does not get cured. And a less than effective antibacterial kills off the weaker susceptible bugs, and helps create superbugs.

I always ask for samples, and ask the prescriber what the drug will cost, whether or not there's a less expensive alternative, etc. And I'm a former drug rep.

8. Sherry A.

We ran into that with my mother and with my daughter. I cannot believe the cost of some prescriptions. Hat's right that getting well is most important but for goodness sakes the drug companies have to be making a fortune. All of our doctors now fill us up with samples when we leave because of my complaining. What pharmacy do you use? Rite Aid really helps us out on prescriptions!

Sherry

9. Sherry A.

Really enjoyed the Strawberry Festival but did not see a booth for 4042. Saw KDs, P and Cleo. Hey Webbie where were you? My daughter sure wanted a bag like mine to take to college. Cleo's kids were great. They went off with my daughter to get "free" items and she thought they were wonderful.

Sherry

10. Sherry A.

I hate pulling weeds in the flower garden. Didn't want to get it confused with any other weed growing. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sherry

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We used Walgreens. We are very fortunate that none of us are on any sort of ongoing meds and therefore, I was simply astounded that one week of an antibiotic could be that much.

Hat, of course I am glad that it is available to take care of the problem, that goes without saying. Or apparently it didn't.

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Ron at Basic Needs gives out discount prescription cards. I haven't used mine yet but its worth a try!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you, we are blessed to be able to have have been able to afford it, I was just stunned that a single prescription could be that much for one week. I know some are taking my post as being an ingrate, but it was just one of those moments where you go: :shock: But I paid it and went on.

It's all for naught though, the issue is not improving and DS will likely need a procedure after all.

14. Sherry A.

Everyone needs to make sure that retired parents over 65, I think, years old should sign up for Medicare Part D for prescriptions. Even with Medicare and a supplemental insurance until Hospice took charge we were paying close to $2,000.00 for mother's meds.

Very important that Medicare Part D......my father gets nagged by me on this all the time. You'd think a Vet would be treated differently.

Sherry

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Isn't he retired military? If so, he has Tricare for Life, which is better than most Part D plans. He doesn't need to sign up for anything else, unless he loves the insurance companies so much he just wants to give them more money.

16. Sherry A.

I'll ask him about Tricare for Life. He is retired military and was career. He's never been sick until recently so he's never checked on these things. He's so old fashioned that he has someone wash his clothes and iron them because he has never done that. I'll ask him this week about Tricare.

Thanks, KDs.

Sherry

17. Sherry A.

On another subject.

Most of northern Alabama has loads of our relatives and the towns are named after our relatives. Albertville, Alabama was hit with a tornado yesterday......as far as we know not one person died but calls down that way talking to relatives they are telling me a few are unaccounted for. Please keep your thoughts with those in that area and other areas down that way.

Thanks,
    Sherry

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Went to my 15 year high school reunion this weekend.

Here's what I learned....

Some people, really have changed, and although they were a little stuck on themselves in high school, have mellowed with age and children, and might just be someone really cool to hang out with.

Some other people, who were stuck on themselves in high school, will never change, and speaking to them was just as big of a waste of time as it was 15 years ago.

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm craving some sweet tea.

20. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Add a barbecue sandwich. Sweet tea is the perfect compliment for it. Throw in some hushpuppies and, well, now I'm just hungry.