A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: You are SO not right. :jester:

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The lung cancer commercial lady that talks through the vibrating thing makes me feel weird.

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I remember when that commercial first came out... DS1 got out out of bed around 11pm worried asking DH to "stop making smoke".

I don't know who they are targeting but I know the two they got to in my household.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel like I am the only person still at work.

5. nsanemom22

Hey.... I'm at work!... I have a load of whites washing, a load of colors drying and a load of dishes waiting their turn. ... One kid snoring, done my job there, and one kid blowing his nose at 11:20 so he's still not asleep.. And I don't get paid **** for overtime!

6. nsanemom22

how can guests peruse threads from 2005 2006?... and what are they looking for?

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Wow, I must be way behind the times. I thought you had to be a certain age to even walk into a bar. Guess not.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Actually I think the law is no one under 21 after 10pm. At least I know that is a rule at several places in and around the Clayton area.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Tired of not being able to sleep all night long.

Sherry

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

That is what I thought. I also thought you had to be 18 to even go in a bar. I was told last night by a bar in Smithfield that is not the case. They allow minors in all the time.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Give it time, you might find out why the husbands don't like them... :lol:

12. Cleopatra

Twisters?

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Not a law, just a policy of a lot of bars. Only exception I can think of is if it's a Cigar bar, as defined under the recently passed "No Smoking" laws for bars and restaurants. That law says no one under 21 allowed.

As a former (and possibly future)bar owner, I think a lot of allowing minors depends on the time of day, and behavior of said minor. If the parents don't have enough sense to keep them home after a certain hour, and/or the said minor had less than acceptable social skills, I certainly had no problem asking them to leave. I never thought it necessary for a formal policy, and most of my clientel seemed to understand what was appropriate. 8)

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or have a lot of people around here misplaced their sense of humor?

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nope. I am disinclined to post much anymore, the most innocuous statement gets someones knickers in a twist or they use it as an opportunity to ridicule. I'm not talking just about myself either for those about to jump on THAT.

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

NOT ME!!!! I'll laugh at just about any danged thing, but mostly at myself. :)

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I seriously thought I was gonna have to ***** slap a woman at the McDonald's drive thru this morning. She was too busy on the phone to pull up!

18. Sherry A.

Me too. :lol::lol:

Sherry

19. Sherry A.

People cannot let go of politics when discussing other items. Don't mind it most of the time but for goodness sakes when they are serious about it......I get tired of it. Most have a great sense of humor about anything but a few are taking it too far.

This is just my opinion for those who care to get their boxers in a wad. :lol::lol::lol:

Sherry

20. Cleopatra

I *finally* completed my garden yesterday. It was a liiiitle bigger than I planned. 16 x 20.

Tomatoes, banana peppers, cucumbers, corn, watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans, and squash.

Next I have to figure out a way to keep the deer out.