A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My eyeballs hurt from staring at the computer.

BREAK TIME!!!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

My post as not directed at you - more like piggybacking. I will edit if your feelings are hurt. :lol:

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

It's raining again today in Clayton and I am loving every drop.

Sherry

4. Sherry A.

Just pointing the portion out in bold as to whom the response "might" be for.

Sherry

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Been raining here for a while, my plants sure need it.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What crazy day. Busier than a one-armed paper hanger. Sorry if that is not politically correct. :lol:

7. Sherry A.

My mama used to say that!

Sherry

8. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

How about a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That too!!:jester:

10. Sherry A.

Awkward moment in our house. The electricity went off (no thunder or anything so not sure why). My daughter looked at me and said "Awkward....do we have to talk to each other?" I said, "uh, oh...sold all the games over the weekend but we do have decks of cards". Got a nasty look as she and I were both on the internet.

Electricity is back on but cable is still rebooting. Think I should start singing to her? :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry

11. Sherry A.

I started singing....James Taylor, When You're Down And Troubled..............thought she was going to pass out and me too. I cannot sing worth a lick.

Sherry

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I would like to give a shout-out to the nice man at the 40/42 Food Lion that offered to take my grocery cart to the corral for me in the rain this afternoon!! :hurray: :hurray:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well.............I've decided I no longer have any desire to be a nurse. I've been doctoring DS's toes since his procedures on Friday and this is not something I want to do for anyone but my immediate family. :ack: :lol::lol::lol:

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We started out last weekend replacing maybe 4 or 5 boards on the back of the house. To date, half of the back has been resided, most of the deck has been replaced, sod has been laid, grass seed has been thrown, we have a big stack of pavers waiting to be laid, we got 'the crud' in our throats on Thursday, found out we've been exposed to strep... what else...?

15. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

nsanemom22,

Need a hug? :grouphug:

16. Sherry A.

I've always heard it comes in threes. :grouphug:

17. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:cheers:
    I need for DH to stay out of Lowe's! He's like a kid in a candy store there. There were a couple of things he wanted to get done before his surgery which has been bumped to the 26th so his list of things to do has tripled in length and steady growing longer. He's eyeballing a couple of bushes in the front yard he wants to pull up, and has the mad itch to cut down some trees. I went through some old threads last night to collect phone numbers of tree guys to get estimates to keep him from killing himself ...and the house.

18. Sherry A.

He'd better be careful or he'll wind up in the hospital earlier than thought. I love those home improvement stores, myself. Bought myself a tool box that is so cool. The top has compartments to separate nails, screws and whatnots (a woman's dream) and when you pull it up it has legs to make a table out of that portion. Another cool thing for a woman. Underneath is just like all others where hammers, screwdrivers and all go. Only couple of things I wish it had are wheels....the bigger ones did but not this one and I didn't need a huge one.......and if it would just hang things and tighten them for me it would be the best ever. Many people at the yard sale wanted to buy it....tee hee....it's mine.

For trees please call the Tree Man. Cannot get a better price nor better men to watch. It's a group of bikers who are very professional. If you cannot find the number to call on here let me know....I keep it on my fridge.

What kind of bushes is dear husband wanting out? Someone may want them and come do the work or certainly a teen will need movie money to get them out for you.

I wouldn't let him do too much but enough to keep him busy. It's also very hot for him to be working in the yard.

Our thoughts are with ya'.

Sherry

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Let him enjoy is girl. Don't cause resentment. There is something satisfying to a man that completes a task and he can then look at it. Then say "I did that".

20. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Yeah at my house it's ........ "It may have taken me two months, but I did that". :)