A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i hate coming back to work with or without an extra day or two off!

DB's wife

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

haha me TOO!!

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

oh did I mention I HATE a freakin mouse!!

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We loved your coffee cake and the pan is waiting for drop off or pick up. We are always available for a get together because you guys are a blast!!!

Sherry

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Whyyyyyyyyyyy do I go all winter / spring without being sick and then get a damn summer cold!!! :banghead: it's the worst!

6. Sherry A.

Do what?????????????? When and where? Do you mean when you get married the next time or that you "are" getting married on the beach?

Sherry

7. Sherry A.

Those pics are awesome. My dad graduated from the NY School of Photography and has taught me some things. I did notice that you had not one "shadow", which is one thing he always scolds me about. He used to submit his photographs to National Geographic, the encyclopedias and different places. They cannot publish the picture without your permission and once he received $10.00 (a nice dollar amount way back when) and consent forms from one of the encyclopdia companies. Wish I knew which one now.

Awesome job, kdc.

Sherry

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

First thing I thought about was Wikipedia. Just out of curiosity, I did a simple "dragonfly" search and the pics on there weren't as good as yours.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! You and Sherry are too kind. Those were taken in Wythe Co. Va this past weekend at Bracken's pond. We took DS there to get his fill of trout fishing. I've got six of those babies (the trout) in my freezer now. I just noticed them buzzing around and some of them sat still long enough for me to experiment. I have more pics on FB.

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've always been somewhat fascinated by dragonflies. Not only are they mosquito hunters (I'm all for that!) but they seem at times to not shy away from humans. I don't know if they have an instinct that tells them that their meals are attracted to humans or perhaps they are just curious about us, too. I walked up on a dragonfly similar to the one in your first pic and he just sat right there on a bush while I admired it. I watched his eyes rotate around watching for any type of movement that would indicate I might do it harm, but it never moved. I backed up and walked away.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Could be Cleo! All I know is the place was eat up with them, LOL. My SIL was calling them "witchdoctors".

I have noticed that they are bigger down here, I guess it's because there are more freaking mosquitos. I got several bites last night trying to get some stuff done in the yard and I had put on Deet. :?

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

IF my transmission is going out on my car, I will FLIP the ........ out. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Didn't you say you had a lot of miles (like 200k) on your car, hg? Tell the truth. I bet you hammer that throttle a lot, don't ya? ;)

15. harleygirl

OVER 200K miles now (just got back from fayetteville)
    I do get on it but not bad. :lol:

"I wanna go fast" ~ Ricky Bobby :lol::lol:

OH! and now I have a fat lip. It keeps getting better.
    Ya'll might hear about me on the news tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Funny, I always thought you'd rather give fat lips than receive. :lol: Seriously, what happened? I'm too impatient to wait for David Crabtree to tell me. Hope you are okay.

17. harleygirl

WELL JESTER! If you were a friend on FB you would know...

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm getting ready to put my full face helmet on (after his nap) and see what happens. :mrgreen:

18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Ouch! Looks like I took hold of the thorny part of the rose bush. :mrgreen:

19. harleygirl

:lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh, you'll be alright.

[​IMG]

kinda looks like this ^^ :lol::lol::lol:
    <just kidding>

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  20. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Your dog needs a Beverly Hills cosmetic surgery practice. The novelty of it plus the way those Californians are, they'd eat it up like ice cream on a hot day.