A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

It stems from the me syndrome.....It's all about ME and to hell with everyone else. Now you take a 100 of them and put them in line to drop off or pick up their darling little angel :mrgreen: from school and you have a whole bunch of ME's who are really SOB's

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Dude, sometimes I believe that, but more and more I think it's just that women have no clue of their surroundings when they drive, their mirrors are adjusted to see their hair and make up, turn signals are only a suggestion, one hand is on the lip stick, one hand on the cell phone and one hand...wait, that's enough hands, but none of them are on the steering wheel.

Before I get harassed, I'm not referring to ALL women, only 97% of them. The other 3 are home watching General Hospital.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's still there smartie pants. I gave the horn and the "are you crazy?" look.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I am seriously stressing over whether or not I will have to be on a conference call as a witness for a friend this afternoon or not. HATE not knowing. Ugg. :evil:

5. Cleopatra

Exactly, there wasn't even a line really. School hadn't even let out yet. But their precious has to be picked up first ya know, so everyone can see what a super-duper mommy they are! So basically, she almost caused a wreck so she could sit in front of the school for twenty minutes.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That **** drove me crazy at Riverwood. They start lining up an hour before school got out. I don't have that kind of time to waste so I can be "first". It's much more efficient to wait til most of them are already gone, THEN go up there.

7. Cleopatra

In and out! I know.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm home watching GH!! I Promise!!!

:jester:

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

HA! I left one day to run to FL before school let out at 3:50 and cars were already lined up at WCES at 3:17! I think they start about 3:15. To get out at 3:50! Having time on my hands I left early the next day too, I decided to see is this was an everyday occurrence... It is! EVERY DAY! Gah! And this one day!!... DH was off and we had been out doing the shopping thing, just running around, wasting time, hanging out.. we thought we'd chill in the parking lot at school. It was a little before three o'clock. Just like old times...hanging out, dating...anyway.. We were there an hour or so and saw a few cars, maybe 3 or 4 come in and no one got out and I thought uh-huh, trynna sneak up on the 3:50 buzzer! When that 3:50 buzzer went off I bet ten cars flew out of that parking lot and got in line! I'd love to know what time those ...those... PEOPLE got there! .. Sad really... I thought I didn't have a life. Once in a while.. hanging out with DH is a good thing. But every day?? - That was one of the principal's points in her message last night. Anyone waiting in the parking lot is going to be asked to leave and move to the back of the line.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  10. nsanemom22

They come from the school of **** You, Me First . Seems a lot of people have that attitude. I want to make bumper stickers and stick them on other peoples cars.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Another thing.....have these people never heard of a bus?

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Little Suzie is too good to ride the bus with them common folk kids.... and god-for-bid she get picked on for the color of her bookbag!!

:jester:

13. nsanemom22

I HAVE!! :hurray: DS1 in Middle Sch, is a BUS RIDER BABY! Apron strings DE-TACHED! Besides... the bus gets him home no faster than I could anyway. But I still have to drive to WCES. My kids were "grandfathered in" to WCES when they re drew the lines so long as I provided transportation. We filled out the forms every year to keep them there because were about 3½mi from WCES and almost 8mi from Cleveland. We're on a road that was never completed. It just don't go thata way. And, and, and.. what sense is it to pass two perfectly good schools before you get to the one you're "supposed" to go to? ...We bought in this area for the schools. And by-cracky that's where they shall go. :mrgreen:

14. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I'll admit, DD gets dropped off at Polenta, so I'm one of those crazies out there. At least I know traffic laws, and try to let people out if I can. DD's only 8, and the bus stop is at the end of the subdivision, out of sight of the house so that's why she gets dropped off. And her papa will be dropping her off starting next week when I start my new job. But hey, he works next door, so it's not a hassle for him. I can't wait till she can just take the bus. I either rode the bus or walked to school when I was that young. (i only lived 3/4 mile from the school) and took all back roads with a group of kids and one or two parents. But of course, simpler times and we didn't have to be on the major roads to get to school.

15. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

HUH???? Heck!!!! I'm a horrible mom, I ain't even gonna pick him up, his his little pattootie is going on the after school care bus.....better not let the other k moms know that.... :jester:

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

change this thing to the whiner line.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: I took DS in K and part way through first grade, but that got OLD!!!! :cheers: It seems to be the thing to do, but dern, I hated it, LOL.

18. Cleopatra

I will laugh so hard when somebody gets pulled out of the lot to go wait at the back of the line. If you think about it, it's kind of creepy. That could be any adult sitting in their car in the school parking lot for an hour.

19. nsanemom22

There were no early people there. They were in the lines though so it was extra long.

Yeah, it is creepy.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HELLO long weekend! :cheers: