A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!!! It's so good!! I carried some all the way home last time I was up. :jester:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I appreciate the offer HG, I really do. :grouphug: Thanks!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

WHOOO HOOO!!!
    I LOVE CABELAS!!!!
    3 DAYS LATER THE GRINDER IS HERE!!!!

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm making an Equal Opportunity Upside Down Pineapple Cake.

I have pineapple chunks and quartered cherries instead of pineapple rings and whole cherries or halves, so everybody gets some.

Allllways thinkin'!

5. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Well Excuse me !!

Pardon my spelling. My fingers work faster than my Brain does. and if I miss a letter or two. Just shoot me. I am Not perfect. Deal with it. I still Love my Few friends and they dont care how I spell. I am to Old to worry about how it makes you feel when I miss spell a word.

6. nsanemom22

[​IMG]

Made in Grandma's cast iron skillet. Glad I saved that plate out of that last old microwave. It fits perfectly!
    I think someone snagged my cake plate.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That looks delicious, esp the cast iron skillet part!!

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I asked for a recipe for Upside down cake in the microwave recipes thread and didn't get a response. This might do, if you're willing to share. 8)

9. nsanemom22

Nothing special. A box of yellow cake mix. They also make pineapple flavor. I usually buy the kind that uses butter but ended up with a box that used oil. Felt like a traitor. Turned out good though. Box called for 1 and 1/3 C water. I used the pineapple juice from the can of pineapple first and made up the difference with water, 1/3 c oil...3 eggs, per box directions. Melt a stick of butter in the skillet (I do it in the oven). Put a cup of light brown sugar in the butter, scatter it around. Place the pineapple and cherries on the sugar. Pour on the batter. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, til a tooth pick comes out clean or cake is golden brown and springs back. Invert into a heat resistant dish. Does that make sense? I'm not used to giving directions. I even left the wrong number on my answering machine once. Really. :oops:

Tip: use a really sharp knife to cut it. A duller one will puch the fruit into the cake and it won't look as pretty. I have a really good Wüsthof!

This is what it usually looks like when it's not chunks (not my pic)

[​IMG]

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Thanks, I gotta try that! Glad I kept a cast iron skillet, even though I can't use it on my new stove top. (I saved it for making cornbread.)

11. harleygirl

All the way to Raleigh for a no show. :boxing::boxing::boxing:
    AND it was confirmed yesterday!!! :evil::evil::evil:

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'm always around when you need me, baby!!:lol::lol:

Sherry

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

;)

Thanx nsane,
    Looks like my kind of healthy, lo-cal dessert!!! ;)

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

that's sick,

15. nsanemom22

My dish washer has been broken for a week. :cry:

16. harleygirl

have the kids wash 'em :mrgreen:

17. nsanemom22

I've got a cooking bug.

[​IMG]

18. nsanemom22

If the big one wasn't doing homework until 8 and 9 pm I would... but the littler one... well.. I want them clean and I don't want to have to swim through the kitchen after he's done. After he's been at the sink for a while he looks like he's standing in a wading pool. All he needs is his bathing suit. That's probably my fault. When they were little I used to fill up the sink (or let the water run) and give them my measuring cups and gadgets and let them have at it. That was the cleanest spot on the whole floor. lol They'd soak themselves almost completely. But they had fun. And it gave me some greatly needed mommy time.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I was going to ask her what she had broken and how did it happen

:jester:

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I wound up finding one for free on cl, somebody was doing a reno - otherwise they are pretty reasonable, under 100.00.