A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic that wanted to know if there really was a Dog?

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I get so mad when I read comments like that. I wonder if she'd say the same thing if it was one of her loved ones he was dragging with a gun to her head.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Heard about this in Nashville this morning, wow must have been saturated on local news.

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We've been struck! There's a pox on our house! I've had the Tylenol and Motrin flowing for two days. Is this flu going around short lived?

5. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Seems like there are a couple of different things going around...one is a 24 hour short-lived stomach bug with fever, and the other is a full-blown takes-at-least-a-week-to-fully-recover flu. Oh, and strep throat is also going around, which can also cause fever and upset stomach, especially in younger kids. I feel like I need to go shower in hand-sanitizer now...:ack: Hope everyone feels better soon at your home.

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

It's official. I AM surrounded by idiots! :boxing:

7. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I spent a few hours in the ER last night because my poor little guy had a really nasty case of pink eye and an ear infection. On a positive note, the new ER on 42 was empty when we go there and the people were friendly.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I hate not being able to sleep. I am so tired but just cannot sleep for long periods right now. Dang it!!!

Sherry

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That's not a very nice thing to say about Volly and Pocahontas! :jester:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  10. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

:confused:

Nevermind. Haha.

11. nsanemom22

I think we got the short version. It was one child with a low grade fever..headache, little dry cough. He seems to be 100% today. Outside playing. Maybe it won't backfire

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Glad he is better! My youngest was down for a week with the flu and I was down for 4 days as well (both confirmed flu at the dr.)...and we got our flu shots back in early November! Nasty stuff...

It's time for this stuff to move on out!

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Why is it that when I get a message from someone's device, the message kind of sounds like it's bragging, or else makes the sender sound pretentious.

I feel like adding to my emails.....Sent from an old desktop using Windows XP because I'm not caught up in the techno rat race for the latest toys.

14. Allioop

lol... "sent from my super awesome i-phone."

I know what you mean. I still don't have a smart phone with all the apps. I just use mine to make calls and text once in a while.:)

15. michelle

Oh for Pete's sake . . . why would you let your 9 year old SON get his ear pierced?

Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid?

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If he was born on February 29th it would be all right!

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Had to think about that one.

18. Allioop

My almost 9 year old daughter doesn't even have hers pierced yet! I didn't know boys wanted their ears pierced anymore. Isn't that sooo 1992? :lol:

19. nsanemom22

They don't get just one pierced anymore. They get BOTH done. I'm still not used to looking at that. When I see a man with both ears pierced my first thought is to look down for a handbag and matching shoes.

Men... please don't do that.

20. michelle

:mrgreen: