A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so very sorry.
    I can't imagine what you've been going through lately.

((BIG HUGS))

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

3. Allioop

I learned a good lesson today. A few weeks back I was leaving a restaurant in Raleigh with my grandma and my youngest daughter, and a lady came up to us and needed a ride to Wal-mart. She was crying, she said she had cancer, and just looked pitiful. I struggled with what to do but I knew that I had my little girl with me and I just couldn't risk someone getting in my car that I don't know. She had two or three bags with her, and I kept imagining a gun or something in the bag. Anyway, I cried all the way home because I felt so bad for her. It hurt so bad to tell her I couldn't help her. I even called my husband and mom to make sure I did the right thing. Well... fast forward to today. I was at another restaurant in Raleigh (far from the other one I was at) eating breakfast this morning with a friend, and the SAME lady came in the restaurant and went to our table and told us she just had chemo and needed money to get somewhere (don't remember where). I was going to tell her that I knew who she was, but decided not to. I don't know her story or why she does what she does. I didn't feel right about getting upset with her. I just felt better and had peace of mind that I had done the right thing by following my gut the first time. My safety and my child's safety comes first.

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I hope you told the management about her...at both places! I would make them aware that they would lose my business if they didn't do something about her, especially if she came inside the restaurant and approached the table. Are there rules in Raleigh on panhandling/begging? It's bad enough to have to deal with them at a stoplight, but I sure as heck don't want them coming up to me at/in a restaurant or store. Too many nutjobs out there to feel sorry for someone who would do that. You made the right decision. Don't ever doubt that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I'm sorry for all you are going through. :grouphug:

6. Allioop

I should have told the management but didn't. The more I've thought about it today, the more frustrated I've been thinking about her actually coming up to our table inside the restaurant. It was at Panera Bread across from Triangle Town Center. Thanks for the encouragement though. You're right, there are too many nutjobs out there.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Ok Teacher...enough with the mountains of cover-your-arse-for-EOGs homework you keep sending home. We've been up until 10pm every night for a week trying to get it done, and fit in all of the end-of-year activities on top of it. The kids are tired. I'm tired. Just enough already. :evil:

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss and for what you've been going through lately,I hope it get's better for you soon :grouphug:

9. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of your support. This week should be better. Although my Birthday falls on Friday the 13th this year, my Son is Graduating that day too.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

WERD!

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Same here. I just assume that they are embarrassed of the price. I employ the same strategy with car dealers. No price, I move on.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Agree 1000%.

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

You're not alone. :evil:

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yay. Car shopping.

WHY can't I find a 2005 with stow and go AND power doors, for a decent price and reasonable mileage? Why is it one or the other?

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

According to Bob Garner from North Carolina Weekend on UNC TV, everything he's ever eaten is the best thing he's ever eaten. Sometimes it sure looks like he's holding back the I smell a fart face while saying how good fresh and juicy those fried cabbage balls are.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I played HS football with Bob's son.....he is a good guy but a big time Democrat. :mrgreen:

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

That's pretty cool. I always watch the show to see where he is and then I find the place he is pimping on the web. He makes every place look good. He's been several places that I already knew was a dump and even made that look good.

He seems to really like the fried stuff.

18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I like to watch him too. He seems to have lost some weight over the last year or so. I think he talks about the food more than he actually 'eats' it these days. Maybe all that fried food was getting to him!
    I saw somewhere on the web where you can take bus trips with him and try out different restaurants. The last one I saw went from Greensboro, I think to Beaufort and back. Might try to do that when I'm old. :mrgreen:

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I don't know a whole lot about you, but my educated guess is: By the time you are old, he'll be dead. :)

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

American Idol is rigged.