A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Alright.. as long as you all are talkin' salad peeves... let me put this one out there. I go into Papa's Pizza at 4042 and order a GREEK salad and asked them to put grilled chicken on it. They said no problem... they threw a bunch of iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber, my grilled chicken and sprinkled a few black olive pieces over it. THEN, they asked what kind of dressing did I want with that? Ummm.. Hello, GREEK! Greek salads have greek dressing, they also have feta cheese and kalamata olives! If i just wanted a salad, add grilled chicken breast and black olives thats what I would have ordered. The worse part is, it must be contagious to the south, because everywhere I have looked lately, the places that offer a greek salad, don't offer a greek dressing. Unless its a true mediterranean restaurant, of which we no longer have one in Clayton. I miss GREEKO's!! Greek dressing is so easy to make too, its pitiful...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Never watched the television show, Bones, until recently on reruns. Gotta say that I really like it.

Sherry

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Moving the kid back into college this weekend. Don't think it is going to be as hard as last year. I need a vacation after spending time with someone in college again. :lol: Had a hard time remembering she was a college kid during the summer. Oh, well at least I parent no matter what age. :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry

P.S. Don't look forward to the 4 hour drive to and from.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

It's been a tough day. Today would have been my parents' 39th wedding anniversary. They've been divorced two years. Sometimes I really miss them as a couple.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Sometimes you just can't catch a break...my well of eternal optimism that 2011 would be better than 2008, 2009, and 2010 is about to run dry. :?

6. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Don't give up hope yet. :grouphug:

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

OMG you must be like Beavis from Beavis and Butthead when he is on a sugar high and turns in to Cornholio!

[​IMG]

DB's wife

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

:lol:

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

LOL!!!

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

LOL....not quite that bad

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Do people still carry 'handkerchiefs' .. or 'hankies'? Not sure why this was one of my first thoughts this morning .... *ponder*

I need coffee ....

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yes. I do everyday.

13. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband does too but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to touch one with a ten foot pole ;)

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Hught-that beagle of yours looks good with glasses,smart! ;)

15. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My Dad always has ... maybe it's a Man-Thing. I'll stick with disposables/throw-away-ables (AKA kleenex!).

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

i hate life right now

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

QUOTE=mnredsky;575276]i hate life right now[/QUOTE]

:grouphug:

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:grouphug:[/quote]
    :iagree:
    :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
    (BIG HUGS)

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've had 'bout enough country music for ONE day... :ack:

Time to jam out since I'm here by myself. :lol::lol:

20. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Holy Cow! Did Johnston County board of education really finally update their student dress code policy so that the kids with kool-aid hair won't get sent home or suspended if they don't re-dye their hair before school starts? Is it really ok for the kids to wear the jeans with a few holes in them that are all that the stores have been selling for a couple years now? That will make back-to-school shopping so much easier. It's about time if this is how the revised dress policy is to be read and it looks like that is what the recently revised policy might suggest is ok for this year. Although it also looks like individual principals could be a pain and implement additional rules too. Anyone else read the revised policy on the school board website? Link:

http://policy.microscribepub.com/cg...nfo&jump=4220&softpage=PL_frame#JUMPDEST_4220