A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Please find a friend and talk to them! :grouphug:

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Don't be hatin'!!

It was good to see you and Hubby last night!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Good to see you 2! :cheers:

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

They have to plan ahead for "The Church of the Shredded Jeans" and "Church of Kool-Aid Hair" although the latter may fall under "The Church of Body Modification"

5. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I think our family adheres to the "Church of Reasonable Dress Code Rules", of which very slightly torn jeans and currently a streak of kool-aid hair are essential to. It would be nice to not have to worry that I missed a tiny hole in a pair of jeans that will require me to make a special trip to the school. It is exciting that common sense may be coming to school in Johnston County.

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If the worst things the kids do are add Kool-Aid to their hair and have some small body piercings, that's not a bad thing at all.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

NO!! Are you advocating that people show ID to vote AND kids wear uniforms to school. What happened to less government intrusion? :lol: You sure you are not a closet Liberal/Commie?

Sherry

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Lordy, you made me laugh.....................

Sherry

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I agree as well.

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Me too!

12. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

13. pocahontas

I'm not a fan of school uniforms for many many reasons, not the least of which is that at least one of my kids is already difficult to fit in many brands and styles (is athletic with big leg muscles so forget skinny jeans (no big loss there8) and any of the slimmer cut brands). It would make shopping for school clothes a real headache to narrow the pants selection down to khakis. WAIT--it's already a headache! I guess it would make it pure torture. :lol:

14. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Just dropped my little guy off for his first day of 1st grade and he looked so cute in his uniform!! It may be a pain to go buy them from a certain store, but SOOOO worth it in the end for a lot of reasons. :hurray:

15. harleygirl

Aww! That's cool. And I agree about the uniforms.

16. harleygirl

The "sample" (i got it in the mail) of Kashi peanutty dark chocolate granola bar has 4.5 g of FAT. Oh my god.
    That's breakfast, lunch AND dinner :lol::lol:

17. pocahontas

Shopping, for me, is generally unbearable. Not my favorite pastime. Anything that complicates it is just torture.

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Just had a subway 6" oven crisp chicken sandwich with provolone, banana peppers, lettuce, and ranch sauce....without the condiments it's 7 grams of fat and 420 calories.......and yes for the record I'm still hungry.

19. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I just ate a Kashi TLC Cherry Dark Chocolate granola bar that only had 2g Fat ... I win!! (Of course, mine wasn't a free sample!!)

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

just for the record...you can have about 15-25 grams of fat a day....the good whole grain fat.