A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I'm trying a new recipe tonight, sure hope it's good! It's called Sour Cream Salmon Loaf. Here's the recipe (I'll post later about how it tastes -- smells good baking right now.)

1 can (15 oz) salmon
    1 pkg (8 oz) sour cream
    1/2 cup melted butter
    1 egg, beaten
    2-1/2 cups corn flakes

Measure the corn flakes and then crush into crumbs. Drain off half of liquid of the salmon. Combine all ingredients and place in a loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees. (If firmer texture loaf is desired, use less butter and add 1 more egg.)

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Ready, that doesn't sound good...of course, I don't like Salmon either! I made meatballs, gravy, and noodles with broccoli, squash, and green beans. Gotta love Kroger's fresh veggie sale! I can't eat half of what I cooked, but my family will enjoy it!

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

leftovers tonight...last night I cooked country style steak w/onion gravy....tom. night I'm gonna cook country style chicken. YUMMY! I've been in a cooking mood lately...cooking all the time :p

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Okay, off recipes (makes me fatter just reading them!) and back to random thoughts...

Why is it that most men dislike casseroles? :?

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Wow...I am having a lot of reading to catch up on!

First...Tuna noodle cassarole does sound goog...I would make it tonight if hubby was home due to him and I the only ones that like it. Have no idea what we are having tonight for dinner. Might be hotdogs and french fries.

Now random thoughts....

No matter how bad you think you have it, there is someone out there that has it worse (rediscovered that reading some of the posts).

Life is too short to put off till tomorrow what you can do today, such as spending time with your family, saying "I love you", calling your parents and grandparents......

And lastly, to those that have PMd me, thanks so much....will keep you posted on what I find out and hopefully it won't be cancer. Just wanted to follow my own advice and let you know how much your thoughts are appreciated.

6. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I was going to post 'what happened to the randome thoughts?' LOL Thank you for getting off the recipes, BUT, yours sounded good to me. :)

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Random Thank You
    to

The Smithfield Parks & Rec staff for the SUPER WONDERFUL KinderSports Basketball program.

Kindersports is a program for 3-4-5 year olds to learn the basics of sports.

We cannot wait for Soccer in May!! We will be back!

Thanks again!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

back to random...this is the best pepsi I've ever had :lol:

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Sometimes I make the best coffee.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Friday.

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I think I need to take a sick day....

12. Anonymous

why does my dog always come running with his ball ready to play every time i turn on the hair dryer? :roll:

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Mmmmm. Glucose Drink.

Yummy..... Not.

14. Anonymous

Getting sugar tested today?

15. Cleopatra

Yep!

Counting down.

[​IMG]

Koo, you need to get a ticker too!

16. Anonymous

I had gestational diabetes with my first one. But not with my 2nd which they said was odd. I'm just odd kind of gal!

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

18 Wheeler almost took out my mailbox :shock:

18. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

yeah I do... LOL haven't even thought about that!

Blaaaah orange sugar drink!! I hated that crap!

19. Cleopatra

Oh, they've got fruit punch now! They gave it to me in a bottle last time, and I just drank it - so I don't have to sit there for an hour. I can go right in and take care of business!

20. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

here we go... My little seahorse. :lol:

[​IMG]