A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I just love what is in bold.

Sherry

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, my aunt is STILL in the hospital, nearly 5 weeks with no real improvement. You don't think much about your pancreas til the sucker stops working. She only has 2% of it left, the rest is dead. Unfortunately, she's too sick to do further surgery on unless she turns septic. The feeding tube has been replaced 4 times now, they are no longer even bothering with general anesthesia for that. All of this was probably caused by a freaking gallstone that migrated years ago. She's been sick to her stomach on and off for 20 years. I'm so upset that her trusted family doctor never, ever caught onto it. We are hoping to get a second opinion from Johns Hopkins, but it's not encouraging when you ask what her prognosis is and her doctors respond that "miracles happen" and "we are praying for her."

She's one of the sweetest, most kind hearted people on the face of the earth and this just sucks. : (

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this,I hope that she will be able to find some better help at John Hopkins!!

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Dawn, still sending extra thoughts and prayers for her and your family. I hope that Johns Hopkins can bring that miracle for her.

:grouphug:

5. Sherry A.

Sitting in the emergency room ..... daughter was in a head on accident (not her fault) and everyone survived. She is so beatup it is hard to look at her. We will survive.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thoughts are with you and your daughter along with KDC's Aunt.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh how awful Sherry, prayers are with her and you:grouphug:

8. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

my 5 yr old granddaughter has a rare brain tumor in the stem, pontine glioma, only 200 cases. she is getting treatment in phoenix. just found out my brother has cancer of the esophagus and tumors on liver giving him a few months, DAMN CANCER! leave my family alone. also mom had breast cancer

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I hate the way society has turned it's back on senior citizens.

I hate the way some health care professionals think that just because they are in a position of power, they believe they have the right to speak to family members like they are two years old.

I hate passive agressiveness, it really is not an attractive trait in anyone.

That is all for now....

10. Sherry A.

Thanks to all who had us in your thoughts.

It was a very long night but no broken bones, which is awesome. The 60ish woman fell asleep at the wheel and hit my daughter head on. Luckily both survived because they were going slow. My daughter looks like someone drove over her front again and again. I know she hurts but not much I can do but give her the meds and wait on her. Scary times as they took glass out of her leg and face.

Sherry

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

GOOD GRIEF!!! Big super hugs to ya'll. Poor youngin.

12. Sherry A.

Thanks girl. I'll let her know her Auntie sends her hugs. She sure loves you and Kaci.

Sherry

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Unbelievable that she suffered on and off for 20 years! :( You said she's sweet and kind, but she's also extremely strong and brave. My prayers are with her.

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Played hoops this weekend....and fubared my foot. I think I'm getting too old for sports. :cry:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so sorry for your family's trials, cancer is a true demon:grouphug: kdc & tassy, both your families stay in my prayers and Sherry, so glad your beautiful girl didn't suffer anything life threatening although i know how awful it is to be a Mom and your child is hurting and there is nothing you can do to make it all better, please give her a big hug for me:grouphug:

16. AnnetteL

Sorry to hear this!! One would think that with all the research of the past few decades there would be a cure by now!!

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers ,and mine in return for the trials others are going through. You just never know what tomorrow may bring. :grouphug:

18. AnnetteL

What a scare that must have been!! I hope that she'll be able to feel better day by day!!

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, 2 weeks ago I was *stretching* like just messing around... anyway long story ... I thought I was gonna need a hip replacement. :?

I think it's just better I stay still from now on. :mrgreen:

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Jenn, a few years ago when daddy was in the hospital one nurse came in and asked him if he had to go "poo-poo pee-pee". REALLY??? He was 72 years old with a perfect mind...not a child. Daddy looked at me like are you kidding me? I said daddy, I'll be back in a minute...Nurse ____ and I are going to go out and have a chat. She was extremely respectful the rest of the time he was in there. I didn't worry about retaliation because we never left daddy alone there. So, I agree with you! Our elders are people!!