A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

yes, cause people with common sense know how to use birth control! :lol:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester: :cheers:

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Y'all seriously need to watch "Idiocracy"

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

REALLY? ON HOLD WITH DIRECT TV FOR 13 MINUTES AND GET HUNG UP ON?

OMG!!! I'M GOING TO FLIP THE **** OUT!!!

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

If you're wondering why your not getting MTV (as well as Comendy Central, Nick, TV Land, etc), it's not your dish, it's that DirectTV and Viacom (which owns the aforementioned networks) had a disagreement over their contract.

6. harleygirl

NO! That wasn't it. Cancelling with them. :mrgreen:
    When I called a different # my call was answered within 3 minutes. REALLY??? :banghead:

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I would guess a lot of people will be canceling as well because of the contract fight (which will certainly clog up thier CS phonelines).

8. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

If someone figures out how to cancel without those d-bags telling me that they will charge my card for the early cancel fee please let me know. In the meantime, my son and I enjoy just the basics - the kids and Christian channels (we all know which are being utilized :lol:) - because I won't give them a dime more than I have to.

9. harleygirl

My contract is up Jan 2013. I pay $62.26 (taxes and all).

62.26 x 6 (aug - jan) = 373.56
    OR pay $200 to cxl it's ONLY a savings of $173.56 Surely I can figure out a way to save $28.92 each month for the next 6 mos. (better start clipping more q-pons) 8)

The guy offered me FREE HBO & Showtime for 3 mos PLUS FREE NFL Ticket (when the season starts) PLUS FREE package upgrade WITHOUT adding another year or 2 onto my contract.

**disclaimer** this is for a direct tv MOVE only.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

lol, D-bags and Christian tv.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Well, the easiest way to prevent an early cancellation fee is to not sign a contract. :jester:

But seriously (and I'll admit I'm not a lawyer but I think this will fly), when you signed your contract, they agreed to provide content including those channels from Viacom (MTV, Nickelodeon, etc.). Since their contract with Viacom has become null and void, I believe it might be worth the fight to use that as your leverage. They are not fulfilling their end of the contract with you, therefore you are allowed to cancel without a termination fee.

Once again, I'm not 100% on this, but I might suggest you look at your contract. (And hurry before DirecTV and Viacom kiss and make up)

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yep, irony so think you can pick it up with a pitchfork. :mrgreen:

13. VolleyGrl

I openly admitted those channels don't get much use! But I DO watch a ton of the kids tv and know not to use the term d-bag with children present. :mrgreen:

14. VolleyGrl

I already called them once and they threw in some freebies a few months back (I'm pretty sure I'm on the black list), but I may call back and see what they can do again! Thanks HG. :cheers:

p.s. Because I know that BUZZMYMO will have something to say the reference to "black" has nothing to do with race! :lol:

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

you good, I'm not a liberal

16. harleygirl

No problem, good luck!

s/n ~ I really could go home, curl up in the bed and SLEEP till tomorrow morning.

17. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

This is probably old news, but I heard "T's Tanz" is under new ownership? I haven't been there since last summer. I only tan right before I go on vacation. :lol: I can't even find a website for the place.

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

way old news. She sold it with the name, reluctantly (the name part).

19. harleygirl

I'm probably going to need bail $ before all this is over.
    :banghead::banghead::banghead:
    :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

20. harleygirl