A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Lol

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yes, nobody was hurt. I was pulling into a parking spot and instead of pressing down on the brake I hit the gas pedal. Then when realizing what I did I tried to step on the brake again and, once again, hit the gas pedal. I have never had an accident in my life and I just bought the car a month ago. Not only am I upset with myself I can now laugh about it. I hit a truck in the space ahead of me and then wedged myself the second time between the truck and metal pole. Not my day! Thanks!

Sherry

3. Sherry A.

4. Sherry A.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

nursing home

6. Sherry A.

Glad you found a home.

Sherry

Romeo likes this.
  7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

For the last week my thoughts have gone out to the folks in Fort McMurry, Alberta. I have been there and it truly is a worse case scenario with one road north and one road south, and they have had to dedicate fire services to keeping the bridge to the south open.

Last Wednesday I was working with a client and a significant portion of the day was spent trying to support their employees trapped at the plant. Three of them stuck there and replacement workers blocked from getting to the plant.

My hope is that when this is all over, possibly months from now, that we continue to have no lives lost!

9. Sherry A.

I have been keeping up with this, too. I feel so bad for all of them as they have lost every single thing except life. Do you know of any organizations taking donations to help them?

Sherry

10. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

This is really too horrible to even imagine. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. Very sad.

11. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Technically there have been lives lost in accidents from people trying to flee, but none directly from the fire.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Red Cross, the two Governments (Federal and Alberta) said they will match gifts. Not sure if this extends to US Donations.

13. Sherry A.

Thanks. I will research!

Sherry

14. Sherry A.

15. Sherry A.

16. Sherry A.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You were The Greatest!

RIP

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just my frustration with National Rental Cars, just drive it off program!

http://dilbert.com/

20. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Hertz Gold all the way. Many airports you just walk up to the car and drive off, no counter to visit.