A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I'll second both of those KDC... I talk on private or way down low more than I use the speaker. And sheesh Nextel Newbies! They need to get an instruction booklet that says "give the person you are beepin' a running start to the phone before you start talking about the corns on your big toe!" AND the alert feature isn't a first option. Again running start! If I don't answer after the 2nd beep then alert me and help me figure out which couch pillow my phone is stuck in.

Thank you! :D

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

^^ Agreed! When I got my last phone, I told the guy they need to also handout a Nextel etiquette book. If someone alerts me, there better be a death or serious injury involved! Not just because I didn't answer fast encough to suit you. :lol:

3. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I will third that!

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Teenagers on those things irritate me. I have been to different events at schools and other places out and those kids are on those things all the time and they don't care where they are at or who is around either! My kids want one and mom and dad have said NO WAY!!! My son has one of those Virgin Mobile phones and he has to buy a card to charge it up and when it is used up, it is done unless he buys another card. I don't buy them for him and I told my 13 year old daughter that she didn't need a phone right now.

5. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Keep walking, keep walking, don't stop in the fart cloud I left in aisle 9.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Both the alerting and the talking without waiting for me to answer the beep - wanna strangle them. You are right about the newbies and the alert - i tell eveyone now do not alert me unless it is really important and i haven't answered after a few beeps.

7. ForeverFaithful

:roll: This is my husband!!!!! He does this almost every time we go to a store and bad part is, sometimes it is LOUD!! He thinks it is funny and will just keep on walking like it wasn't him!!! Must be a man thing because my son does it sometimes now too! :evil:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Now we all know how to find you and your DH when at the grocery store :lol: :lol:

9. kookookacho

I'm sorry WE exceeded your attention span. :lol: :lol:

j/k oy! :wink:

10. ForeverFaithful

Don't depend on that! I try to stay as far away from him when he starts that stuff and act like I don't even know him! I will walk fast to just get away from him because I am so embarrassed!

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's almost ground for divorce right there! :lol:

12. ForeverFaithful

What, the running away from him or what he does? :lol:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

^^ What he does, OMG! :lol: I'd run away too! Don't know why guys think that's so funny, but sadly, they all do. :lol:

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

I have a husband and 2 boys. So imagine how embarrassed I am. They think farting and burping is the funniest thing that their bodies can do!

15. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

I dont like Craven County's Register Of Deeds department.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have a husband and one boy, praying that my son grows up to have some manners, but that may be a pipe dream...........He's 6 and thinks it's terribly funny to burp and say "excuse me!" like it was an accident and I didn't know any better. Whatta ya do???? :lol:

17. kookookacho

:shock: ruhroh
    What's your thoughts on their Inspections & Zoning Dept's?

18. kookookacho

Why is that?!? I think all boys/men do! both of mine do...:lol:
    The little one will say excuse me though...along with loudly announcing that he just pooted (in public!!!). :lol:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I sometimes think that kids were put on this earth to embarrass their parents. Mine once saw a teenager in a fast food restaurant with a huge red mohawk and loudly announced for the whole restaruant to hear "Daddy! He looks like a chicken!" He wasn't but 3, I wanted to die laughing but was embarrassed at the same time. (he did look just like a giant chicken)

20. kookookacho

Good maybe then the Chicken knew there was his sign! "you look stuipd, dude. Pick another statement to make." :lol: