A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Hey HG, I've got one you can have this year!!!! [​IMG]

Actually, this one has been great, until last year. We've definitely gotten our money's worth out of it. I mean, we bought the cheapest one we could get from Lowe's (paid around $700 for it) and this is the beginning of it's 14th mowing season. It's a PITA, but it does still do the job... I guess I'll try to tolerate it one more season. :roll:

2. ready2cmyKing

I smell like exhaust fumes. Shower time! :)

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO - actually i don't get anything from DH for Mother's Day - i am not his mother. (The Father's Day was just an excuse to justify buying something we really needed) :lol:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks sweetie, but I have 2 in the driveway right now :?

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

obviously we all read it the first time....

Heres the word of the day:

mar·tyr ( P ) Pronunciation Key (märtr)
    n.
    One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.
    One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.

One who endures great suffering: a martyr to arthritis.
    One who makes a great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy.

tr.v. mar·tyred, mar·tyr·ing, mar·tyrs
    To make a martyr of, especially to put to death for devotion to religious beliefs.
    To inflict great pain on; torment.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

well excuse the hell out of me elims jenn and tassy for being happy for me.

why are yall so mean? im not lookimg for attn i just post what i have been through, i can tell i no longer fit in here. everyone in here does the ssame thing i do. if you lose weight ,if you have surgery, you want a baby and say it over and over yet i am the one looking for attn. okay well, its been real. yall need to look at how you treat people....

7. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Oh, to heck with it all, I want pizza!

8. ready2cmyKing

[​IMG]

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Listen to yourself.

How many times do I have to say I have not been mean to you. You freaked out because you were not the center of attention at that very damn second.

You are acting like a spoiled child, and your last post sounds more like, "Fine, you don't wanna play by my rules, I'm gonna take my ball and go home."

You are picking on the wrong person cupcake. I have stood up for you when a lot of other folks were downing you.

I told the girls that went to the luncheon to stop being so mean to you. I told another group at an ODS outing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I have been NOTHING BUT NICE and WELCOMING to you, and even said (someone back me up here) that the next time we "girls" did lunch, I was going to go pick you up myself and bring you.

I have not joined in on the "bash tit4tat" bandwagon. I have prayed for you (surgery).

I am not going to tolerate you coming at me like a spolied little kid who just got their feelings hurt because the other kids on the playground want to play a different game, and you don't like it.

So either grow up and contribute to the conversation, or maybe finding a new board is the best thing for you.

I, for ONE, am DONE!!!

10. Anonymous

She did say that!

I am backing ya up on it!

11. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Hey I got a new washer/dryer for Christmas..it was AWESOME. I'm not big on gifts, so we usually try to buy ourselves something we need :) Although the DH did suprise me for my bday last month and got me a diamond necklace...now what the he11 am I going to do in a couple of months when he turns the big 40? I can't afford to spend as much as he spent on me. It really kinda pi$$ed me off that he spent that much (YES, I'm a tight wad)...I'm thinking a nice glamour shot with me and our two girls will be a good present and a small suprise party? What do ya'll suggest?

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

What does he like to do, hobbies, sports??? How 'bout a surprise weekend away... arrange everything (someone to watch the animals and someone to watch the kids) and when he gets home from work on that particular Friday just have his bags packed and take him away.

13. Anonymous

SB that sounds good w/ the party and the pictures.

My dh out did himself this last Christmas got me a diamond necklace and a diamond tennis bracelet. But next Christmas won't be like that since we got the house. We closed on Valentines day this year so he says the house is my V-day present for the next 30 years lol.

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Hobbies: His Harley and Golf(which I hate)

his bd is in August...I was thinking a pool party with about 20-25 of our closest friends and hire a dj and have it catered...and then the pics. We've decided we aren't going to do a "vacation" this year, since we got the pool last year (we are trying to pay off all our bills), so I don't know about the weekend getaway. Maybe...we'll see, my neighbors have a beach house and have offered it for free anytime we want to use it (so maybe that's a possibility).

15. ready2cmyKing

Give him what I gave my DH for his 40th, a BOSE 3-2-1 system. It's GREAT... and you can get them at BJ's for under $800 now! :D

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Ladies....

All they really want for their birthday is a few friends over to laugh with, a cold drink, and a special *treat* from you.

Anything above that, they should be thrilled.....

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

[quote="tassy
    What does he like to do, hobbies, sports??? How 'bout a surprise weekend away... arrange everything (someone to watch the animals and someone to watch the kids) and when he gets home from work on that particular Friday just have his bags packed and take him away.[/quote]

i did that to DH last year just for the weekend, well actually just one night. He worked like 2 months straight, 7 days a week, 10 and 12 hour days and he really needed a break. So i secretly booked us a room at the beach for Sat night, when he got off work Sat i had everything packed, the top down on the car and ready to go. He was so surprised - he did have to call the GC on the job and say sorry, my wife stole me away - won't be there Sunday. It was short but very much needed.

18. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Argh! I'd love to comment, but it's completely and utterly pointless. I'm very sad for you.

19. Anonymous

and i am sad for u 2

20. Anonymous