A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Teach him a lesson and don't give him anything. Only well behaved kids get gifts - whether it be from Santa or family members.

I know - easier said than done!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

A NINE year old BIT you?? :shock:

Unbelievable! He'd be getting a pack of switches from me for sure. I still can't believe it!

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

The way it works in my family and with my close friends, you get on my kid and I'll get on yours....if they see my kids doing something wrong, they better get on them, and same with me seeing their kids do something wrong. Unless that child is at their home, he should obey the "rules" for the home ya'll are in. Maybe your brother needs to step up to the plate on this, since it's his new wife and a get together with his family.

4. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Sounds like what he needs is a good ole' *ss whoppin!!!! And his mom needs to be smacked back into reality

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

<glad I am not going to angeleyes for Christmas> But, I would love to hear about it afterward!

6. Cleopatra

I think you know the passive aggressive comments are not helpful. You said in earshot of her that her son was going to be in prison? Yikes.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I agree! :twisted:

8. mnredsky

So I'll take SS's line

www.stupid.com

Find present for kid and mom....

LMAO

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Adults in the family draw names. This year, instead of a gift, we're donating to a Food bank, in our gift recipient's name, with a card from the charity showing the donation. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to establish the "no gift" rule between C6 and me for this year, as she told me last night she had gotten something for me. My quandry is how to reciprocate. She's not giving clues. DD will do ok this year, as she does annually. She still believes in Santa.

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

he definitely needs one. 9 yrs old and biting? shame on that mom.

11. harleygirl

DH & I established years ago - NO GIFTS!!! If he wants something he get is doesnt' matter if it's December or July, same for me. If I need it, I get it.

Now, if he'd like to surprise me with a black audi tt - I'm ok with that. :lol:

12. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I know I am bad. But he runs around hitting, kicking breaking stuff and she just acts as if its a normal day nothing wrong with how hes acting. At first I was polite about his " special personality" ( thats what his mom called it) but he just gets worse as time goes by and nothing out of his mom not a word a warning a timeout just nothing. She said she wants him to express himself and she can not punish him for that. I know its bad but I want to express myself by whooping his butt.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

On a side note to you Lowes Food Shoppers, don't forget that you can purchase prepackaged bags of groceries for the food-bank at the store and they will make sure they are delivered. My anecdotal evidence is that not as many folks are doing it this year because 3 out of 4 clerks were unfamiliar with the process.

14. harleygirl

It's miller time. One more day like today and I swear I'm running away and never coming back.

Later girlies and dudes

15. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Mon
    Dec 10 Sunny
    73°/47° 10%
    73°F

WOW!

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

man, it doesn't get much better than this chocolate chip banana bread (that I made last night) with a cup of joe.....

YUM!:mrgreen:

17. Cleopatra

LOL, his "special personality"? Is that code for her "lazy parenting"?

Do you have kids angeleyes?

18. harleygirl

So far so good today. :mrgreen:

19. mnredsky

Yes, donate donate donate....My MIL works for the food bank and says the donations are down this year :-( so if you can donate....peanut butter, tuna, baby formula are GOOD things!!!!

West View collected over 2000 pounds of food and they need more!!! GO KIDS, Staff and PTA at West View!!!! :-D:-D

20. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Yes 1 and she knows better than to act like that child. She said her son has A.d.d. I don't know much about a.d.d. if he does have it she needs to get him some help ( maybe some medication) . I have to say I am nice to the kid ( most the time)cause hes a kid but if that were my youngin he'd be holding his backside.This kids allowed to cuss. If I cussed as a child and my mom heard it I would have to eat a bar of ivory. Easter Last year he was hitting my moms car with a stick just sitting there hitting it like it was his job. He is a child and I understand that but his mother she an adult she needs to be his parent and not his friend. The kid calls his mom the B word and she just acts as if its a term of endearment. Mine is not perfect but she knows that I will not put up with the stuff that kid gets to do.Every time we are around him and he does something she gives me a look like omg.