A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I'm ready for the weekend warm up!

Burrr chilly this am. 32 now... Burrr. 8) < Mr. Cool!

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:cuss: pipes froze. :cuss: no water. :cuss: husband. :banghead:

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

That sucks. I remember having to deal with that growing up in a very old house...sucks bad!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Poor thing!! Happened to me when DH was out of town (of course!) a few years ago. What a pain! It froze at the well, I ended up dragging a space heater down there, making a tent out of a card board box and thawing it myself. No plumbers were available till the next day. Necessity is the mother of invention.

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am sorry but his made me laugh!

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

hey, where'd you get the swingy guy?

9. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

That's ok, I'd rather make you laugh than cry. :)

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

11. Southernborn

I HATE a DAMN THEIF!!!!

Yesterday, I brought enough yogurt, waters and LC for the entire week for me. I went into the fridge this morning and noticed one of my yogurts gone, then now at lunch, someone took one of my frozen dinners.

I made an ugly note and put on the fridge door, while the break room was full!:banghead:

12. KellBell

That truly is beyond RUDE. I would want to bust somebody up too.
    :boxing:

13. Southernborn

Yep, this morning when I noticed one of my yogurts gone, someone I know said yep I just had one of those (break room was full), I said well, did you eat mine. No one said a thing, so I think she got the message. Why would someone take anything that isn't theirs? It's beyond belief!:iagree:

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Send out a company-wide email explaining that the foods were specially medicated, and whoever took them should get themselves to a Dr right away. Some guy did that at my office years ago, I don't think we had a problem with food-stealing after that.

Another funny story was this crackhead temp named Lujuana, who never had food/money. Well she mentioned one morning again that she did not bring her lunch and had no money. Then at lunchtime she was griping about hating pumpernickel bread while she ate this bagged lunch. Then through the grapevine we find out that somebody stole the head honcho's lunch out of the fridge. I think that was the last day Lujuana temped there.

15. Southernborn

LOL, that's funny!

16. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

This is what you do. Next time ask.... Ewww did you notice the corner had been opened? I started spitting in my food to stop people from taking it. This will work with yogurt maybe not frozen dinners or drinks. Well, you could open a couple bottle waters .

17. Southernborn

This is the note that I put on the fridge.....

I figured, it should be tame so...

DO NOT TAKE food or drinks out of the refrigerator or freezer that are not yours.
    Someone else took the time to purchase these items for themselves, so please be considerate and don’t take items that don’t belong to you.

18. KellBell

you left off the last part,

or I will hunt you down and kick your ____:mrgreen:

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Yep, that will stop people like Lujuana.

You shouldn't need a sign. Intelligent people know that the food in the fridge isn't theirs. The rest should not have been let out of the rubber rooms in the first place (and posting a sign won't change them).

20. Southernborn

I wish....I think people will get the hint..wink wink! Considering I stopped smoking, drinking, and started exercising and eating healthy on the 1st, they'd get a hint. Of course our office is huge and is mixed with those of use in the office part and those that are on the production floor.