A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Hey, anybody been to that new comedy club in Clayton?

Is it any good?

:jester:

5, lol

2. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

good morning, peeps. Ready for a long day at work.. hope everyone is doing good...

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey girl, you 2.

I wish I could have slept till noon! :banghead:

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Pet peeve #473

If your gas station is equipped with pumps that allow you to "pay at the pump", then for the love of all things holy, please give me a reciept at the pump.

I paid at the pump because my kids are in the car and I didn't want to drag the baby out of her car seat only to go in, pay for gas and then fight with her to get her back into the car seat. It makes no sense to swipe my card, pump my gas and then get a message that says, "For receipt, please see cashier". Well dummy, if I had wanted to see the cashier, I wouldn't have paid at the pump!

Grrr

Thank you, and have a nice day!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The cashiers don't always know when the pumps run out of receipt paper, until someone like you gets that nice little message. :mrgreen:

6. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I guess me and Jen are the only ones who have to go inside and tell the people, because I seem to be the one with the empty TP roll too!:x

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I was at Don Lee's last night.

They don't even put paper in their machines per the cashier. You must come inside for a receipt.

THAT's why I was irritated, lol...

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ahhh.. well.. thats a whole 'nutha story then.. :x

9. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Yes when we lived up that way, that ****ed me off bad! :banghead:

Glad I'm gone now. :mrgreen:

10. harleygirl

I don't ever get a receipt.

11. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

What in the world? You drive all over the stinkin country for work - you may need those receipts if you get audited someday! (won't you?)

12. harleygirl

I don't deduct gas I deduct the mileage. :mrgreen:

DO you know what mileage is now? :hurray::hurray: I only traveled 40 bazillion miles. :?

13. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Mornin' all!!!

HG, it's $0.505 if you are seriously asking.

Ugh...I'm getting tired of some threads.

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That's true, I never bother to get a receipt at Don Lee's - or anyplace else when I get that message. Some gas pumps ask if you want a receipt, and I press "No." It's just another piece of paper to clutter up my pocketbook.

15. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I always try to get a receipt when I pay at the pump, since a gas station sent the cops after me claiming I didnt pay (I DID have a receipt in hand, proving I HAD paid). Those messages p-ss me off that you have to go inside to get your receipt ...

16. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Wow, I don't always get a receipt but I've never thought of that happening before!

17. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I always use my debit card, and if I don't get a receipt I will forget to write it in my checkbook for sure. HATE it when the paper is out. The other day I went inside and the guy said "Oh sorry it was too cold to go out there and put more paper in." :evil:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Poof again:lol:

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Me either, less paper/clutter! :lol:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have a theory that they purposely do not put paper in to get you in the store in hopes of you buying something else.