A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We have one in my fish tank here at work, we've probably had him in there about 6 years, he's big... we call him a "scum sucker"

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Apparently the one I got wasn't quite big enough! :lol:

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

they're related to catfish! which of course means they're tasty....

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Dang, I'm sweating...got 2 miles down to 30 mins. (walking outside). Dang we couldn't walk last week, because of our busy schedules and the weather. It sure feels great to exercise again!:lol:

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

6. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

:hurray: Congrats!

Now if I can only motivate myself to get back to walking. I was doing 3.3 miles in just under an hour. I shudder to think what it would be now.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we do a little over 4 miles in 49 minutes....and it was hot and sweaty today.:mrgreen:

8. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Case in point....2002, my friend "Harry" let his 10 year old daughter, we'll call her "Tina," sit on his lap to drive his S-10 Chevy pickup back home from a friends house. He had been drinking and thought well this is better. LONNNGG story short, Harry and Tina ended up in the living room of the neighbor's and clipped the gas line on the fireplace, which in turn burned down the house, melted the siding on the 2 houses close to it. Luckily everyone got out alive, but a young couple just starting out was left homeless and a father / daughter fun event took a toll on LOTS of people. Oh, and their insurance went up about $4K a year. They had to pay to rebuild the house you know.... True Story. If you want their real name to look it up in the N&O, ping me and I'll give them to you.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sorry to disagree, but a drunk parent trying to get home is COMPLETELY different than someone trying to TEACH thier kid something. Apples and oranges.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

what an idiot!

11. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Yes, he is not the brightest.....AT ALL.

12. Desdemona25

Translation: you were quite ripe after you were done with your walk. :mrgreen:

13. Desdemona25

When it comes to kids and driving, I remember the stories my grandmother would tell me. When she would be working on laundry and it was time to hang it up to dry, she'd have to look both ways before crossing into the backyard. Why? My mom's older brother (age 16) was teaching my mom (age 11) how to drive. They literally had the grass worn down in a track around the house because they'd be out there so often. And the dog would usually be riding in the back of the little pickup truck they were driving so that they wouldn't chance hitting it.

This was also in west Miami in the late 50s. :) There wasn't much in the area back then.

And go figure my mom didn't let me get my license until I was 18.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

OT - but I just wanted to tell you that I love your avatar! A good friend of mine has that on a t-shirt and its just so true!!

15. Desdemona25

Thanks!

I loved it the first moment I saw it. It especially holds true for me because I'm my daughter's Brownie troop leader. At one point in January (when our sale started) I was up to my eyeballs in Girl Scout Cookies.

I really need to find that t-shirt. :mrgreen:

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I like slaw

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

^ :lol:

Funny you mentioned that. I'm making some tonight to go with salmon patties and hushpuppies.

18. ServerSnapper

I like it wid buhbqew

19. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Me too! I can't eat bbq (or salmon patties) w/out it!

Are you back in the states?

20. ServerSnapper

Yep. I got back in Saturday night.