A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

hummmm, cool. they get the eggs from the chickens. will rob it in a second.

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Duh...but we were talking about disappeering hens, not eggs. That's obvious.

We actually kept a huge king snake in our barn to eat the rats. When you've got over 100 laying hens loosing a few eggs from snakes isn't a big deal. They also stole our quail eggs. They didn't mess with the pigs, rabbits or horses though!

3. Anonymous

very interesting..my bf tells me stories all the time aobut living on a farm...i find it interesting and cool

4. Anonymous

werent you scared of the king snake? or i guess it stayed full all the time? we want to live on a farm, start our own. its cool to me!!

5. Anonymous

he told stories of them putting wooden eggs out, snake would eat it. they built this wooden thing with holes the egg couldnt fit through and the snake would be caught.

6. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

No, I liked the snake...my brothers (who were teenagers) killed him and ate him.. I cried..my Daddy whopped them good. A farm is a lot of hard work...2-3 feeding animals everyday...and if one of them gets sick..you stay with them. No vacations, etc. I look back and now enjoy those memories and the lessons in life the hard work taught me. I don't know if I would do it now, knowing all the time it takes. Of course, a couple animals here and there wouldn't be a big deal, but that's not a farm either. We had 10 acres of veggies..you had to pick that stuff and put it up, sell it, or feed it to the hogs. Too much physical work for me these days..I think that's why I HATE doing any type of yard work.

7. Anonymous

cool story!!! i dont mind the work and bf misses that life. its his dream to have a farm again..so i will do it with him..

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Why does "Wet Dog" smell so bad???? :?

9. Anonymous

mmmmm...the first cup of coffee in the morning is always the best! It's like successfully ducking a frying pan being lobbed at your head :lol: :lol:

10. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Why do some people just keep doing stupid things over and over? Do they not realize the things they are doing are stupid?

11. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Why don't they just add alot to the dictionary?

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i love MP's avatar :D

13. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

It's there. Look up "a" and then look up "lot." :D

14. Clif

Clif Guest

"a lot" may be in the dictionary, but "alot" isn't.

15. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

LOL prolly because they got wet by dancing in a mud puddle or better yet pond water.

Both of mine got fresh baths this weekend! The both smell like Green tea & mint now. 8) My little guy looks like a walking black powder puff. Baths & brushings makes him frizzy. :lol: Time for a summer trim!

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

(misquoted this post in error - sorry)

:wink:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Can't fix it :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

MP & Craig better not jinx the 'canes with those purty new avatars!

:D

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

here ya go --i'll send some vibes :D

20. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that! When I type it, I always spell it that way (alot) i know it wrong.