A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Pei Wei?

http://www.peiwei.com/

2. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

Forget baggage...I think she has the baggage car!

And I can relate to the cooking thing with my ex. He nitpicked everything I made, so I simply stopped cooking for him.

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

That place is yummy! I recommend the lettuce wraps.

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I can relate... if you don't get any appreciation for what he did have then he won't get anything atall! 8)

That and I hate the cleaning up after I cook, so that excuse works for me! :mrgreen:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Bumping one more time for the Premier Jewlery Party at my house on Tuesday the 20th @7:00 PM. Hope to see you there!!:hurray:

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Pimps invited?

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I'm with Ken on this one, not sure why Tassy keeps thinking she knows other's kids better than they do. I don't think I've ever seen Ronald McDonald making any kind of balloon animals at the tables there. And if I did, my 8 yo would be too grown up for that, and the 4 yo would be terrified. So no, that's no better. Since you seem to know so much more about children why don't I drop them off at your house and you can babysit. I'm sure they'll be just perfect when I come to pick them up.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Welllllll...................not that your "not" invited, I just don't think it would be a whole lot of fun for a man, LOL. :mrgreen::jester:;)

Even DH is clearing out and taking DS with him..................they might go see Speedracer, which I've heard blows, but what the hey.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

They should go see IRONMAN!

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They'd probably be dead if they didn't behave. I choose not to have children, because I have no patience for them at this point in my life. I also have no patience for parents who can't control their children in any public situation. I don't pity the parents, I wonder who's the one in charge? Lets be real, if you put Chuckie Cheese or a Kobe Chef infront of a 5 yr old (even younger in Kens case) and tell them to pick... you don't think they are going to pick the bright flashing lights and entertainment level of Chucky Cheese??
    I would bet that "most" children would pick Chucky Cheese. Maybe your children are just "exceptional" and out of the norm.

I'm not defending my opinion or the beliefs I gained from my own upbringing. Parents should be able to control their children in public, or there is something the matter with that picture. End of my point of view on this. Because its just :beathorse:.

Moving along....

Hurray! Tuesday is almost over!

:hurray:

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  11. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

Here are my random thoughts for the day...

Slipping and falling onto a wood floor and landing on one's knee hurts like (fill in appropriate words or phrase here). :cuss:

It is also not allowed by eBay to place a dog up for auction. The dog was the cause of what was on the floor that in turn made me slip. :cuss:

12. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

:iagree: and couldn't have said it any better than that. :) You just can't give advice until you've been there yourself.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Ken, I'm sorry if you jumped into the conversation and got yourself lumped in to her situation. She point blank said:

"Mother's Day at my house was awful! Had a good b'fast at Golden Corral, then attempted to enjoy walking around the mall with hubby and kids. What a nightmare...2 yo screamed the whole time (yes, the whole entire time!), 4 yo whined almost the whole time (seriously, I'm not joking!). We were supposed to go to the zoo, which I was excited about, but that didn't happen because of weather, and as it turned out it was closed this weekend due to water break...Dinner was at Kobe, which was the first time we went and it was very good, but 4 yo continued whining because he didn't want that food...UGH! At least the oldest was sweet and well behaved. Next year I'm just staying in bed all day and telling everyone to leave me alone! I really wanted to have a nice day with the family, but that didn't work too well..."

My original "random thought" was thats a huge pet peeve of mine. Not only is she having an awful day because of her children, but lets keep them out in public and inflict that on anyone within earshot! That doesn't exactly speak volumes for her consideration of others who might have been trying to have an enjoyable Mothers Day. And for the record, there were parents like her with children screaming at O'Charleys, and I know I wasn't the only person wishing they would muzzle the kid or take them out of the restaurant. When a child is screaming every 10 seconds at the high-pitched top of their lungs, it is inflicting on my enjoyment of dinner with my MIL and DH's family.

Thats all I was trying to point out with my original post on the subject.
    (me or Sybil... they get confusing some days...)

14. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I just got back from Walmart, OMG, there was a screaming *** youngin in there the entire time! I finally checked out and left! The frickin kid was still screamin and cryin! Talk about a nightmare! Dad was just pushing them around in the stroller like ladeda! He looked to be about 4.....
    My children are grown so I get both points. I do know there is nothing better to see then well behaved children.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

And I won't ever be, I just think parents in that situation have to have some consideration for the ear drums of people around them (shopping, dining, whatever).

Want another pet peeve... I wish little Sally or Johnny with the Healy's (sneakers with the wheels in the heals) would fall and bust their *** or crack their head in the supermarket aisle as she zips along oblivious to shoppers, carriages and displays.

So y'all feel free to jump on me for that one too now.

Sybils lovin' it today!

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

See.. are parents like this just oblivious? Are these types of parents just determined to have the stronger will at the cost of annoyance to people around them? Or are those parents just so wrapped up in their own agenda that they are deaf to their own children?

17. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(By the way...that is what I tell my 3 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jester:)

ALL OF YOU....ISN'T THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A NICE THREAD ????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:8)8)8)8):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

rock on SYBIL!!!

19. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I just took 3 advil thanks to the dumb butt dad, I could have slapped the dad.

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I knew it was a mistake to give my wife a puppy Beagle for our first anniversary when I got up that first morning and had a different type of toe jam! :x