A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

thats exactly what I did. seriously, instead of lighting a cigarette, I would get up and walk for 8 minutes (the time it takes to smoke a cig, and apparently to get over wanting to smoke one) now I walk for 45 minutes to an hour and alternate running on some days.

Great trade off, and no weight gain from quitting smoking.

2. KellBell

yes, gum is good too!! whatever it takes.

what did your son think about last night?

3. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

the weight gain is what scares me but i think i'll have the energy to fight that now.

4. KellBell

you will! you will have so much energy and your lungs will just love you and pay you back with great stamina! You will heal so much better and quicker too! It changed my life so much by quitting. I feel like I missed out on so much by not doing it sooner. I robbed myself.

5. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

He said I am gonna get lost in there. I said there is the 6th grade wing when we were outside and he said "Oh". LOL

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Off to the vet....Kitty (Murphy) not feeling too good. :cry:

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yep - GLAD she sent Ron home! I'm not so sure about Graham, he is cute, but not sure he's right for her either. Most of the ones left seem pretty cute and nice - next week's preview looked interesting...:mrgreen:

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Mornin' All!!!

New day at the office for me today!!! Sometimes I just hate change!!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Wow, 8 minutes to smoke a cig - guess i ought to start taking longer, i usually smoke 1/2 in the am, 1 full at lunchtime, and another 1/2 in the afternoon. You are right, it is lame, no excuses here

10. KellBell

ok, I should clarify, 8 minutes to sit and enjoy an entire cigarette. (yes I am OCD enough to know the actual time allotted for me to have smoked a cigarette at one time 8))

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Poor Murphy. :grouphug:

Has anyone tried to get their FREE credit report online with the credit scores? Holy crap batman, that takes FOREVER.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well...................I just lost 2 fish. The turtle ate them!! :shock: They've been in the tank with her since we got her last August. I told ya'll she ate a pleco that I put in there a couple months ago, I got a bigger one...........he better watch his back!! Poor fish!! I won't put any more in there. :cry:

13. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I do as well.

14. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

DS said....next year wont be too bad! Gawd I hope so! All I heard was 2 hours of homework!!! :shock:

15. CrazyFabulous

She will pick Jason....the one with the little boy. I will take Graham!! ;)

16. ShrtnSwt

Mine almost got all excited when they said the fast food lane but just like his older brother.....NOPE!
    And I was a little disappointed that she was making a big deal about the fast food lane and FRIES! What ever happened to ok kids make the right nutritional decision?

17. KellBell

he should have it done by the time you get home! perfect I am thinking!

:mrgreen:

18. ShrtnSwt

And 2 hours of homework? Holy Cow. My older one didn't have 2 hrs worth last year.

19. CrazyFabulous

No doubt!!! mine was NOT happy when I said sawry.....you will be packing next year! :twisted:

20. CrazyFabulous

Should....key word! :banghead: this will be me all year!!!