A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

no! i wanna stay in my PJs and have you bring me a shoebox full of cracker barrel bacon!

[​IMG]

2. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Happy Bday, PG :). Squire needs to bring home that bacon...so you don't have to move, lol!

Frogger

3. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

4. racecitync

racecitync Well-Known Member

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

*hic* :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. nsanemom22

I want Bobby Flay to cook me dinner... And Paula Deen can cook the next dinner :D

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

nsane, are you and I the only ones not at the 4th of July "doins"? It's too hot out there!

8. nsanemom22

Amen sista! Besides that, DH just came off nights (trying to wake him up now) We're going to the one at the park in Clayton tonight...

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's what we are doing, going to grill out here at the house, then go to Clayton to watch the fireworks. Haven't been there before, we are normally out of town for the 4th, hope they are good.

10. nsanemom22

I don't think it's as big a-to-do as 4042 but it's ok. we usually get there around 5 or 6. ..park between the baseball field and the bball court, kick back in the truck bed and wait :? The kids have fun. That's all that matters :wink:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cool! Sounds good, although we will probably just go for the fireworks, it's only about 5 minutes from my house, thank goodness, although I'm sure I will have to walk quite a ways if I come in that late. Hope you have fun!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The fireworks were pretty good! Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Fireworks in the mountains is pretty cool 8)

14. rcmommy

rcmommy Well-Known Member

We were really disappointed at 4042 show compared to the shows they've done before. I know...sorry to complain, but didn't anyone else just sortof sit there in the end and say "Is that it?". I mean even the kidos just sat there and said it. Oh well. JMO.

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I liked the fireworks at Cleveland.

Did anyone else see we are getting our own post office on Sonlan parkway?

By the way - kiddo won second place - would have had first with one more vote - in the Two wheel cafe ( aka sundogs) kareoke contest last night. Finals are on August third I think?!!

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We stayed home for the 4th....a few people ended up actually showing up and we cooked out, the kids (and some grownups) played in the pool, and then we did some fireworks here. By the time the day was over though, I was hurting pretty good and was pretty tired. Slept until almost 11:00 AM on Wednesday! It was a pretty good day for us, just wish I hadn't been feeling so edgey (sp) though.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Congrats to Kiddo :D Ok, about the post office - is it a real post office or another one like the one in Food Lion Shopping Center?

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Cool beans! We almost went to McKinley's last night...love their chicken quesidillas!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This was a blurb from 1270wmpm about the post office coming to Cleveland:

Cleveland Community Getting Limited-Service Post Office - The Cleveland community will get a limited-service post office in August. A contract post office will open in the new River Oaks Shopping Center off Highway 42 just east of I-40. The Cleveland Oaks post office will only offer dispatch service. No mail will be delivered from the facility, being operated by two business partners. Carrier service for the area will still come out of the Garner post office. The Cleveland Oaks post office will be open from 9 to 6, six days a week and will carry postal supplies at regular prices. However, the post office won’t be able to offer a unique zip code to residents and businesses at the growing interchange, something they have been wanting for several years.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool, it's a step in the right direction at least.