A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Who was her lawyer? That would be good info to file away in case you ever needed it!

3. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

That makes 2 of us! Heck, I am getting the same for 2 as a person I know is getting for 1! My ex complains all the time about what he has to pay but forgets I took almost a $200 decrease and gave up the last 2 years of spousal support (only got 4 years any way and decreased every year) to get my divorce finialized and have not had an increase in child support in 11 years since then! He has no idea how much it costs to raise kids, all he sees is the money he is putting out and it is "cramping his style" with the ladies!

4. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Me too!

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

you know he's got to have a pretty decent salary to be paying that much.

6. BenDover

BenDover Well-Known Member

One of my buddies pays 985.00 a month. His job pays only 22.00 an hour. He also carries medical on the child. It is a big chunk of money. Poor guy. So, if he makes 40 hours a week times 22.00 an hour, equals 880.00 a week, less taxes, which leaves him with approx. 550.00(maybe less). Don't forget about medical which I believe to be approx. 50.00 a week, that is a guess. Less the childs car insurance which I will throw a number in for this, let's say 50.00 a week. So this leaves a grand total of 450.00 per week. 450.00 per week times four weeks is 1800.00, less child support is 815.00 a month.
    815.00 A MONTH. Think about it! That is all he has to live on. That is not including the school clothes and the "daddy can I have?" money. Me and my buddy talk about this often. He is constantly fixing things on her car and around her house. If he doesn't, he knows it will either cost him more in the end or it won't get fixed and the child suffers. Every time the phone rings and her number pops up, he hates to answer.
    Hope this guy makes more than 22.00 an hour!

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

When I get it, I get about 1/4 of that for one child.

I just wish he'd pay it........

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Don't you wish when someone says they are going to do something, they would actually DO it! I think I am going to scream this morning! :evil:

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

What happens if you don't have a building permit?

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They can make you take it back down, I do believe! :shock:

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

or you have to pay an engineer to check out every single crack, board, nail... blah blah blah.

Whatcha buildin'? :)

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Not me, my neighbor. :)

13. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I hate it when you get a really large, painful bruise and cant remember how you got it. You'd think if it hurts that much NOW, you'd remember the pain of receiving the injury!

14. MissyPrissy

LOL Been there and done that! It is weird isn't it?

15. kookookacho

AAAAH a do-it-yourselfer! :lol:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have a job interview Friday! Ya'll keep your fingers crossed for me! I am so excited! :D

17. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Whoohoo, go kdc :)

<crossing fingers>

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks!!!!! :D

19. MissyPrissy

Crossing fingers and toes, best of luck! :)

20. kookookacho

AWESOME kdc! Good luck girlie! :)