A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

*nod*

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

DUMB - No cure, only death.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, some people are too stupid to live!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Can't fix it :lol:

5. Clif

Clif Guest

I had an epiphany a couple weeks ago.

I was thinking about the (seemingly unnecessary) warning labels on the various items we buy. The one that pops to the front of my mind is, "Warning: Do not spray in eyes" on a bottle of Windex (if you don't believe me, look the next time you're in Food Lion). I'm sure you're all familiar and have your favourites.

At any rate, it used to be, before the world became lawsuit happy, that the stupid people would pretty much kill themselves off (or at the very least become unable to procreate). Nature in action. Survival of the fitest. Natural Selection in action.

Unfortunately now, since we have all these warning labels, the stupid people are not only surviving but multiplying. We're preventing them from dying off by their own stupid mistakes and, thereby, causing the whole of humanity to collectively drop in IQ points.

I say, let's get rid of the warnings. Those who are too stupid to either understand the warning or believe that it doesn't apply to them should go the way of the dodo and allow we, the intelligent, to prosper.

6. ktr

ktr Guest

its also called evolution in action..hehehe

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Oh My, how can you use that word! :D

I actually had a client with a Fortune 500 company a few years ago and was discussing how the business standards have evolved over the years. He later pulled me over and asked me never to use that word around him again. He was one of the individuals that needed the labels. 8)

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

What has happened to Ready? Has the rapture occurred? I do genuinely miss her! :(

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

OK, you win! I did not give consideration to the beer. :D

10. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We had a man and his 2 sons come into our office this afternoon, pulling a cooler and he said he kids were doing a summer project and I had to stop him right there and let him know I was not interested, unless he wanted to help my son with his band fund! I got the dirtiest look. I probably sounded a little rude, but was had been working with a new hire doing his paper work and I hate it when someone comes into my office unannounded and without knocking and start stuff like that. I was wanting him to start getting mouthy with me because right now, no one has any idea who they are dealing with....hormones up and down and today I was in rare form, a witch, for a better term. Then to make things even better some young kid came in wanting me to buy art work! By that time I had had enough because I was fired up over what a mess I was dealing with at work! Darn temp has got so many files messed up that I am ready to scream. Finally told my boss I was done with the Purchase Orders and got them the best I could and we would have to just deal with things as the invoices came in.

Ok I am done fussing now! :?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

ugh I have to go to work today! :cry:

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

SEPTENVIGINTILLION 1084

Volume of the Universe in Cubic Inches.

13. BenDover

BenDover Well-Known Member

By chance did you measure that yourself? :lol: That is cool information!

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact, I did'nt. :lol: :lol:

There are 12 x 12 x 12 x 5280 x 5280 x 5280 cubic inches in a single cubic mile.
    This equals 2.54 x 1014 cubic inches.
    The number of cubic miles in the universe is calculated in 1069 and is put at 4.2 x 1069.
    Multiply the two: 2.54 x 4.2 x 1014 x 1069.
    The result is 10.7 x 1083,
    which is the same as 1.07 x 1084.

15. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Victory is indeed oh so sweet ain't it? :D

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

We just added to our family tonight.
    [​IMG]

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I thought Mr TKO uh DJ was impotent?