Across from Cabelas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Better connectivity to a through-interstate as opposed to Capital Blvd and 540. This also includes recent addition of the pedestrian bridge over I-40 for the American Tobacco Trail. South Point is also between two cities (Raleigh / Durham) so it can draw more people. South Point has a movie theater and hosts outdoor events and performers. I also think TTC is hidden away and on the edge of a lower class neighborhood. They are vastly different in many aspect.

2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

I would be more inclined to put my money on the fact that Durham just doesn't have much else for shopping other than SSP and NorthGate compared to the places available in the Raleigh area such as TTC, Crabtree Valley, North Hills, Crossroads Plaza, Cameron Village and Cary Towne Ctr to name a few.

The pie is only so big and the more retailers the smaller the piece for each IMO.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Took some photos over there yesterday.

Here's Cabelas (looked like they were doing training that day):
    [​IMG]

Carolina Ale House:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Future Longhorn Steakhouse:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Five Guys, City BBQ, and others:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Cool Pics Jesse82nc. Thanks

5. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

It is a damn shame those greedy Capitalists do not honor your wishes and build a mall so you can walk for free!

You can always join the old geezers that have taken up to walking in Walmart or even Food Lion. Something tells me you would fit in well with them.

6. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

You knew this was coming... :lol:

[​IMG]

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  8. jesse82nc

BTW guys, I have been hard at work trying to fix the intersection at White Oak on 70 since they redid it. I finally finished and Google Maps Navigation is working properly :) This was way harder than it looks to do as there are not any good examples of a similar intersection I could find.

In case you guys didn't know, I'm a big Google Maps contributor for the 40/42 area and some of the Triangle.

Attached Files:

9. jesse82nc

And I confirmed the hotel is coming to the corner property there, Drury is the hotel name.

Attached Files:

Webmaster likes this.
  10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

a 7 story hotel is going to look stupid on that corner. Where do they plan to park everyone? Traffic is already crazy at that intersection!

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Family and friends night at Cabela's Sunday night. There won't be a soft opening prior to the posted opening date and time.

12. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about a Longhorn Steakhouse. Compared to Lone Star, Texas Steakhouse, Logan's, outback?

13. markfnc

The BBQ place is opening 3rd week of June .

14. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Very similar to the others with it's own twist. I ate at the one in Goldsboro recently and it was great.

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The hotel is not going on the same lot as Cabela's. It is going to be on the other corner (looking straight at Cabela's it would be on the left of the intersection).

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I agree. We recently dined at a Longhorn Steakhouse out of state and their sirloin was very tender, good flavor and perfectly cooked medium rare as ordered. Much better sirloin than at Outback. Overall prices are a little higher than Outback. It will be interesting to see if Longhorn can compete with the Outback and Logans that are very close to each other in Garner.

17. jesse82nc

Not true, the hotel is going on the Northeast corner of the intersection, next to Longhorn Steakhouse. See attached, it shows that the property is owned by Drury Development, which is the name of the hotel.
    http://www.garnerbiz.com/2014/08/drury-inn-hotel-construction-info/
    http://www.hotel-online.com/press_r...-clears-way-for-hotel-at-70-and-jones-sausage
    "The northeast quadrant had four zoning distinctions; the town agreed to zone the land as solely Service Business Conditional Use. Sign regulations and height limitations have also changed to allow for a hotel up to 85 feet tall."

Attached Files:

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Plus Lonestar isn't that far up the road in Clayton either. I like Logans, Outback is overpriced for what you get, we'll give Longhorn a try when they open.

19. markfnc

It is going in front of cabellas. Current stone lot.

jesse82nc likes this.
  20. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

City bbq will do a VIP only opening this weekend. Friday and Saturday. You may see the smoke rising but we're not quite ready for guests. Soft opening is set for the 16th at 10:30 am, with grand opening setc for the 27th. Come out and sample some great delicious food, from friendly courteous staff that is eager to please. Seriously, if you are unsure you want to buy it, try it first. Samples are welcomed.

And I know this all cause I'll be working there evenings and weekends.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to keep this thread updated in between two jobs and moving in laws.

I have allergens information if you'd like.
    We offer gluten free options as well as some vegetarian options.
    Menu and info can be seen at www.citybbq.com

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    MizSeeker, lgb0250 and Rockyv58 like this.