Advantage Waste no longer servicing JoCo

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Crysta, May 17, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

We got the letter last week and i personally have not had any experience with WI but i loved Advantage. i switched to Advantage after about 5 years with Allstar who, while their service was good, they kept screwing up the billing - how can you screw up something as simple as a once a year payment? Anyway, i am paid up until next December so i guess i have plenty time to see what kind of service we get.

2. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I use to have Advantage but opted to use the county site @ $65/year. It's so much cheaper plus my son likes going to the dump w/me just as I did as a child with my dad.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend Ken's Trash Service? They seem to be the cheapest.

4. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

we have Ken's and haven't had a problem at all. He picks up at our house on Monday's, we pay online and I have no complaints. My trash is always emptied every week .

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Well thats a bummer, according to his coverage map he doesn't come out 42 to Amelia Church Rd.... :(

6. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

Boo! Email him and maybe if he has enough houses he'll come out. I've never actually talked to him only through email and he seemed very friendly. He always waves when I'm out and he's picking up the trash.
    :)

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    I'll have to check if he covers the McGee's Xroads area.

8. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I'm off Sander's Rd and we have Ken's. They have been great about pickups-they come no matter what, even holidays. No complaints there. My only negative is that I had a little trouble getting them on the phone-not a necessity most of the time. I would recommend them.

9. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like Ken's services my area off Jack Rd either. But I emailed him just in case hoping that he will! I figure with all the people out this way that used Advantage (the owner lives just up the road in a different development) maybe he will get enough customers to come this way!

10. 3GirlsDad

3GirlsDad Guest

AllStar - 3 years with no complaints

We have been using AllStar for the last 3 years and have had no complaints. They are a local family-owned business and they are friendly and courteous when you need to call them.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Brocks Sanitation? How is their service?

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I LOVE THEM. I have used them since they started. Nicest people ever. My boys have forgotten a couple of times to take it to the curb, and they have come by the next day or so and picked it up, without me calling. I have had to call before when they forgot and it was overflowing, and without even a thought, they said they would pick it up the next day. He goes above and beyond with customer service. (I have many other CS stories that go above and beyond). I highly recommend them.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Reviving this old thread.....

Now, if you remember from previously in this thread, I hate Waste Industries due to issues we had with them several years ago. I had been a very happy Advantage Waste customer, then they bought out Advantage Waste back in the spring. I was looking to switch to another company, I chose All-Star based on recommendations, they're already servicing my sub-division, and price.

Fast Forward to yesterday, email from All-Star Waste, and guess what? As of Dec. 2nd (and yesterday was the 7th!) they have been sold to.....

wait for it......

WASTE INDUSTRIES!! :banghead::twisted::banghead:

So... now its back to the drawing board.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

glad you brought this back, just got my bill from Waste, i had paid up for the year with Advantage so now i will be waste pick up shopping, a lot of folks in my neighborhood use Ken's and seem to like them a lot.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got the same email. Let me know who you go with. :banghead:

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In general I agree with Privatizing Industry, but WI now controls the waste systems for Sampson County, including remote sites such as that on Barber Mill, and I have yet to hear a positive thing about that arrangement.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Well, after a mornings worth of phone calls and research here is what I've got...

Kens Trash - (919) 800-9485 $45/qtr - we're out of their service area
    www.kenstrash.com

Brocks Sanitation -(919) 779-8726 $60/qtr - we're out of their area, but if I could get 5 other neighbors in our subdivision to use them, they would extend their boundaries to our area. www.brockssanitation.com

and by default... the winner is...

ABC Sanitation - (919) 662-2988 $66/Qtr www.abcsanitation.com

I spoke with April, she and her husband own the company, she was very nice and accomodating. They are dropping off a bin tomorrow with a bill for the remainder of this quarter. I know, they are more expensive than All-Star by $6/quarter... but that $6 is going to save my sanity in not having to deal with Waste Industries.

I called Waste Industries to cancel (919) 662-7100, they don't have all the accounts transferred over and cannot put in cancellations or issue refunds yet. I spoke with Josephine and she said all the accounts should be in and set-up by next week. She took my information and will follow up with me next week to issue a refund on my balance, and pick-up their container.

Yay me!
    :?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so, since i am in both Ken's and Brock's area, which were you most impressed by?

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I really thought they were both very helpful over the phone and both were apologetic that they didn't service my area. If I had that choice, I would probably have given Kens the shot first since they are less expensive

20. lynkrn

lynkrn Member

I just read the email from them and am not happy. We had Waste Industries also after Advantage sold out to them. Waste Industries billed us extra after they took over and we had already paid in full for a year. I do not want to deal with these people again. Plan on calling tomorrow, thanks for the info on the other companies. Hopefully you will get any refund due you.