Aldi

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by tarheel22girl, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I definitely need to know that, cause I never have cash!

2. le

le Well-Known Member

same here sb.

3. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

No cash restrictions. They do take debit/credit cards but I am not sure if they take checks. I love aldi's! I shopped there all the time when I was staying at home with my daughter. Now I go when I have the chance, but it is always a good deal. The pizzas are really great for $1.99. The only thing I have found that we did not like was the mac n cheese, but I dont really like any brands but Kraft. Everything else has been great!

4. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I shop at Aldi about once a month and stock up on canned goods. They have some great frozen orange-pineapple juice, and I like their frozen grape as well - VERY CHEAP! Hubby prefers the orange-pineapple to anything else frozen juice wise he's had in years.

They have some different things in the middle aisle every time I go - picked up a Belgian Waffle maker in there for like 14.00 and it rocks - use it all the time!

Occasionally, they have in their dairy dept all the way in the back to the left side - containers of shredded parmesean cheese that is wonderful and very inexpensive.

Their Grandessa brand of spaghetti sauce is GREAT! Better than Ragu...etc IMO

Great deals on spices although they dont carry a huge array - if you like garlic in oil all minced, they have reg, in live oil and roasted for like 1.00 a jar.
    Lots of pepper varieties in grinders as well. I love to cook so this is a huge savings.

Their frozen french bread pizza is great and they have a frozen spinage (sp?) pasta stuffed with ricotta that is killer - it comes with a nice frozen pesto sauce in the package.

Yeah, you bag your own, but the savings makes it well worth the effort.

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I think I'll have to hit this place this weekend. I'm low on canned goods, etc. and need to stock up on a bunch of stuff!

6. le

le Well-Known Member

Now I know I remember some sort of payment restrictions mentioned at least awhile ago. Zoo, whatta ya know?

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am almost positive they take cash or debit only. I have been there many times and have always used my debit card.

8. le

le Well-Known Member

This is exactly what my F-V friend who shops there regularly just confirmed too. Thanks PirateGirl!

9. zookeeper

I always use my debit card there, and know they take good ol' green:mrgreen:

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Wow!!! Hubby and I tried Aldi out today and we were so impressed! A loaf of bread for .69! We had a cart full of stuff and only spent $69. I stocked up on can goods, pastas, meats and gatorade. I was impressed by their selection and the prices were awesome. Can't wait to go back. I would have spent much more anywhere else, even at Food Lion.

11. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I don't have a debit card. If they don't take credit cards, do they take checks? Or must I carry carry cash?

12. zookeeper

I'm ALMOST certain that places that take debit cards will take Visa cards as well. Maybe give them a call to be on the safe side.

They don't take checks.

13. zookeeper

http://www.aldifoods.com

Didn't see anything on site about their forms of payment - but they do list specials and you can get notifications emailed to you about sales in the form of a newsletter.

14. lovetherascals

lovetherascals Well-Known Member

We've been to Aldi the past 2 grocery shops and really like it a lot. Everything is really good quality and besides saving money, my next favorite thing about it is how quickly we're in and out of there. With only 3 aisles it doesn't take nearly as long to get what we need as a regular grocery store. I was pretty stocked up on meats so I haven't purchased meats there yet, so are the meats pretty good too?

15. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

They don't take checks for sure. I believe you can use debit and credit there. If not, cash is best. They also take EBT.
    I did talk to the manager the other day, I was asking how we can get on the list for building a new aldi. She said to get on the website, and do store locator with our zip codes. They track that all the time, and it determines where they build their new stores. They also look at the size of the town or area. I am all about building one at 319. Wouldn't ever have to leave the area.

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I so agree! My sis and I were talking yesterday about how awesome it would be to have an Aldi at 319. I would do most of my shopping there! My 4-legged babies love sweet potatoes (thanks, Zoo)...they are cheapest at Aldi! Not to mention fresh mushrooms and red/yellow bell peppers.

17. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Sweet potatoes?

18. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

My vet told me to feed my cats canned pumpkin for constipation.

19. zookeeper

My dogs eat a natural diet - no dog food. . .protein/veggies/and carbs of human grade variety only. They eat sweet potatoes about 3 times a week, more when they are in season.

The sweet potato/yam has been shown to be the most nutritious vegetable there is; high in beta-carotene which is a form of vitamin A, an excellent source of vitamins C and E, and contains no fat therefore, cholesterol-free.

Just like people, dogs need to eat their veggies too. Their bodies benefit from all the immune system boosters, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, as much as we do. Brighter eyes, a shinier coat with less shedding, and healthier skin are among the list of rewards your dog will reap from a well-balanced all natural and/or organic nutritional plan.t is very high in the nutrients and fiber dogs need. Sweet Potato is especially well suited for dogs with dietary problems such as food allergies, diabetes, and obesity.

20. zookeeper

Yup, canned pumpkin works great for constipation - my guys haven't had the need for it, but lots of clients doggies and kitties leave me notes to let them have a spoonful now and then.