Almost a Last Resort

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Speaking of Vitamin D, i had my yearly physical today and got the results from my blood work. Doc said the base line amount of V-D they want you to have is 30 (30 what i have no idea, but its 30) and my V-D level was at 13. So now i have to start taking a pill for a few months. Woo.

Still no set direction on my son. Plotting and planning but all of your ideas and suggestions are very helpful. Thanks much.

2. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I know you said he had a blood test, but could it be mono? My friend's kid was acting like yours, and she found out it was lasting effects from mono, which the doctor said she'd probably had several months before.

I also feel I have to ask you to consider if it's definitely physical. Could the shortness of breath/overheating be panic attacks, and the over-sleeping be a way to avoid social situations or going to school? With kids, it's hard to know if there is a problem, like bullying, struggling with grades, feeling inadequate around girls, etc. Just a thought.

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

No its nothing to do with anything at school or anything like that. He has had this condition for years. He is 15 now and i remember it happening when he was 7-8 years old and playing soccer.

Still working on it.