Am i too Southern?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Good manners are a thing of the past, southern or not.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth I have done this myself in the past. My handwriting is so bad that if I don't go back and type it in the hotel room each evening I will never be able to translate my notes.

Eventually I just started typing my personal notes and unfortunately have devolved into not sending personal notes at all.

3. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I agree!! Good manners are forever lost!! Kaci, you are not to southern or to old!! JMHO

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Oh, don't get me started... :lol: I've been to one, and thought it was joke at first.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Tacky and lacking serious class. There is no reason that a bride and groom can't take the time to send a handwritten thank you note. :?

6. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with southern or age.......it's insincerity and lack of class. I suspect that in 10 years or so, thank you notes will be tweeted by twits.

7. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I love that!

But seriously, two points:

1. Manners are simply the language of respect, regardless of the form they take. Of course, both parties have to agree on what constitutes "respect"- sincerity is what matters most.

2. Since this was a business contact, don't do business with them- trust your instincts.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

You're lucky to have gotten that. Most of the wedding gifts we've given lately haven't even been acknowledged. :banghead::banghead:

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I would say that is pretty cool. OUTSIDE the box. I like it.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I knew what you meant, LOL....I was making fun of someone actually still handwriting anything these days.....

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yeah i got that when i read the second time - getting slow in my old age:lol:

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This sums it up.

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You can never be too southern!

14. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

It's really not about being southern... it's about manners. I think the photo was creative, but a personal note on the back would have been nice.

15. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Call me lazy :jester: We've done this for a couple different showers but we then use them to pick from to give out small gifts/door prizes

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Miss Manners would swoon, LOL

17. RedStatesMan

RedStatesMan Guest

"Old school" and "Southern" are the only two right things remaining on earth...lol...don't change one bit. Old school is the correct manner just look at how everything is today! Don't change!

18. ServerSnapper

My question is what is Southern now? We have been invaded by yankees for so long....I know very few people from NC. I am proud to be from NC!! We nod, smile and shake hands. They look down, turn away and tend to be full of themselves. It's a FACT! I only became an ******* after working with Yankees.

19. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I disagree on your generalization of Yankees. Some of my neighbors and friends are Yankees, and I love them. They are just as friendly, if not more, than some of my Southern-born friends. The ones I know really appreciate living in NC and the Southern hospitality.

20. ServerSnapper

Where are you from?