american hero

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lori-beth, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Forgetting for a minute that the internet at large has the social responsibility of a pack of wild dogs, you should consider the number of positive comments as well as the negative comments.

I like their food, I like the guys (..the management, dammit!) but I don't go there much any more due to the price.

2. bad jojo

bad jojo New Member

american hero fan

i been in american hero in 42 many times i love thise place food is great and pepole over there is so friendly i dont know what those guys talking about

3. beebsy

beebsy Well-Known Member

Hungry's

Hungry's went out of business because the owners decided to move back to Illinois...they did sell the business to someone here, and it stayed open for a while, but it wasn't run by the people who opened it...I haven't been back since the original people left, but it makes me sad to have lost such a great place---they were always so friendly and the food was great...I can't comment on the other topic on here, because I have never been to American Hero, but it is on my list....:)

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Bummer... wasn't it a sister and brother that opened it originally? I'm sure I chatted with her one day and she said they were from Chicago, she usually worked the register and took orders.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

where was Hungry's located?

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

On Highway 70, next to BB&T.....near Miramante Mix Salon. Kind of diagonally across from the Rockin' Comet Diner.

7. kodiak kid

kodiak kid Well-Known Member

Seriously? you believe that it is false advertising? Do a little gander around the 40/42 area and follow all of the signs that state "free this, and free that" and let me know that NONE of them change once you enter the store and get the details. AH in Clayton and 40/42 both rock. To actually EXPECT something for 100% free? [​IMG]

Not trying to be an *** here, but I have been going to both stores and know the brothers, and never ONCE have I had an issue...

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

it appears to me from going into the clayton store several times since this thread began that the negative nancies have won their battle. AH has taken down the small sign at the road, and the banner over the door, cancelling the deal. so now nobody gets a free sub, even if it was a BOGO, and none of you even eat there. thanks. so awesome.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Good job people. There goes my Friday night meal when hubby is working and the girls are gone to their dad's. My son thanks you, too.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I went by there the other day and they now have a LARGE sign out by the street that advertises a BOGO 8", didn't have time to read the fine print details (before anyone asks).

2nd, Hungrys is now Pizza King, they had a guy out at the street with a sign today for a $4.99 special.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Yep, I saw that sign today. I guess they got in trouble for the other one or they got tired of people telling them that it was false advertising.

12. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Dang. Just what we need is another restaurant selling pizza. What we really need is for Big Steve to open a deli in Clayton. Love Big Steve's onion bagel with corned beef and swiss.

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:ack:

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Pretty close to my favorite... the reuben on onion bagel! I would love to see Big Steves find a place in Clayton!