And the housing market continues to grow

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lgb0250, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am curious is Fred Smith still on the county commission? Or was he on the Clayton Town Council?

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Sherry probably knows.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

He was a JoCo commissioner, but moved on to State Senator. Left politics in 2008 when he lost a primary for governor to Pat McCrory.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Another 8 years and you'll be close.

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Denied or just sent back for amendments Wade? I thought I had read somewhere that they really didn’t have the authority to deny if it met all legal requirements! I really don’t know.

6. Rickatom

Rickatom Well-Known Member

Im not familiar with that area, but housing developments popping up everywhere. I hope the government or farmers have a plan to keep us all fed. You can grow food on this land, but you cant eat houses..
    Just my POV....

Auxie likes this.
  7. lgb0250

What exactly are you referring to Wade? The reason I ask is that the rezoning of the 164.8 ac I as referring to was approved by the board at their August meeting! This case is addressed starting on page 13 of the pdf listed below.

http://www.johnstonnc.com/files/planning/Aug2017PBMinutes.pdf

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Knew it was too good to be true. I checked the board minutes when Wade posted, but they were not up yet. I haven't gone back to see. So sad to see they have to approve things based on the rules they are bound by. So change the freakin' rules! If you understand and appreciate all of the concerns of this mess we're in, then alter the rules to require more consideration from the developer. The rules are based on the entire County and to my knowledge this area does not have a special zoning district overlay, correct?

9. Rockyv58

On my way back from Smithfield this afternoon I saw another new development on Polenta down towards the end near Cleveland school road intersection

10. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

you dont get out much do you

11. Rockyv58

I don't go to Smithfield much anymore since I graduated from JCC in 2014

12. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

The County Commissioners denied approval for the PUD at their last meeting.

13. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Well, like it or not equipment showed up at the Wellsley development behind Sandhu's / D.R.'s, Surveyor was putting out stakes yesterday afternoon.

14. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

This is the planning board, they recommended the commissioners approve it but the commissioners did not approve it.

Auxie likes this.
  15. lgb0250

Well, it looks like it’s back on the agenda again!

Rezoning Petition: Petition to rezone 164.8 acres located at 6859 Cornwallis Rd. from Agricultural Residential (AR) to Special Use Planned Development Housing (AR-SUD).
    Tax ID: 05F02002A, 05F02001E, 05F02001B
    Owner: Ken Lucas
    Applicant: CE Group, Mark Ashness
    Special Use Request: Planned Development Housing with Amenities.

http://www.johnstonnc.com/files/planning/Dec18PBAgenda.pdf

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

They did some traffic studies recently, or at least stretched the little tubes across the road to count cars. This stretch of road is a mess in the morning and I leave out around 6:30am. I think they were planning a light at Winston Rd, which is needed IMO. But they also need to start making these folks put in run lanes. Go ahead and over-engineer it now.

poppin cork likes this.