Another House Fire in The Meadows

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Navycut, Jul 30, 2011.

1. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Really ? They have nothing. Good people and good reason. They could use funds now i'm sure for meals, clothing, etc. I'm sure it will take some time for Insurance recovery to begin.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so glad to hear there was no arson or anything - my heart goes out to them, i cannot imagine losing everything in basically the blink of an eye:cry:

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

man did hell just freeze over, Brrr its cold.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity PRM, If the fire depts. official report says it was accidental, how long does it usually take for an insurance company to process payments through on that kind of property loss?

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And add to this, if the house was mortgaged, most mortgages require you to carry insurance.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks PRM, I was just curious. Never really thought about the immediate days after and/or how long one would have to wait to see insurance $$. Thats comforting to know coming from my favorite insurance squirrel! :grouphug:

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Our house caught fire when I was a kid, that evening people were bringing us clothing. We had nothing to wear immediately except the clothes on our backs.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Um, this reminds me . . . PRM please send me your number again. It's time to take out some renter's insurance.