Another JoCo teacher arrested?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pocahontas, Oct 13, 2011.

1. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Sorry I disagree with everything you said except that of course I have cause for concern. End of story.

2. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Those were MY words. I meant that by you saying lots of people were talking about it makes me infer that people on a community forum would have heard too. I was just saying that your initial question had a duh answer. I was actually putting words in my own mouth, which I think is acceptable. You have only reiterated my point with this post.

It's obvious that you think bringing this up on a public community forum before any facts are out or any accusations have been made public is the right thing to do and some others don't think it's right. My beef was with the whole bit blaming the school system for "exposing" our children. And you never responded to that, so I guess I'm done.

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

You're right, it isn't the school system's fault that these types of things happen. My words were poorly chosen, and said in frustration and probably fear. I don't think it is the right thing to "reassign" a teacher to another school if there are any issues of this nature. I understand it may be required legally, if there is not enough evidence to prosecute, or pursue, but just because it is what must be done legally does not make it ethically right.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and I disagree with drama queen roles and rumor spreading.

Parents who do this create children who do this and it's a never ending cycle of bullcrap that me and my kids have to be surrounded by.

5. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

I was a girl scout many moons ago and around the campfire, we would play the game Telephone....anyone else remember this game? The message sent around a circle through whispers to each other and the last person announces it, which is rarely ever the original message that was started. This game is played everyday in High School and sad to say adult life too!!

I talked to my little ram and there are several different versions of the story going around and some versions DO NOT include inappropriate touching.

If it is true I hope the fullest extent of the law would be applied.

If its NOT true, I hope this forum or any of the rumors going around do not contaminate his reputation as a teacher or a man in general.

There are a lot of sickos out there, but to be accused without guilt would be the worst undo punishment ever!

It's not hard to figure out who this person is and too many people judge a person based on what they have heard. IMHO of course.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  6. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

100% agree! When I was in college studying secondary (high school) education, I had a professor explicitly tell us not to even put ourselves in a situation that could even remotely be misconstrued. He said that especially in high school, just an accusation can ruin your career whether your guilty or not. He advised us to never shut the door when we are alone with a student, even if there is a window in the door. If we could bring in another adult even better. Never to give out our personal phone number for any reason. Never to touch a student even for a pat on the back. All of this could be ammunition to back up speculation that will leave you jobless.

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I was told today by my daughter that he lost his teaching license. He does not have a job is what I'm hearing. She also added his wife must be mad. (her words for that part). I asked if other students were saying this about losing the license. She said no, she heard it from some substitutes. Don't know the whole story nor do I claim to, but it is not sounding all that good. Do hope it's not true.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (10 tomorrow!!!)

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why would substitutes be gossiping within earshot of students?

9. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I agree with kdc and a few others. Any investigation in school stays quiet until finished or teachers will be dismissed. Why don't people just wait until there is something to burn someone at the stake for. If anyone is that concerned CALL THE SCHOOL. And like someone else said if your children weren't in harms way don't incite anything. Don't get me wrong I fully believe in let the punishment fit the crime but damn lets wait to see if there is a crime or just gossip.

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:iagree::hurray::hurray:

11. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Just because there is smoke, does not always mean there is FIRE!! I'm sure the schools are on top of this and will take the needed steps to protect the students. JMO Pat

12. old school

old school Well-Known Member

Yes, as we have seen so many times in the past, the schools are on top of everything. You probably should do nothing and let them take the needed steps to protect the students against abstinence, punishment and God. You know, the way letting someone else raise your children for you always works out.

13. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Cleveland high Teacher

Just heard a teacher was fired. Didn't know if this was just heresay.

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It usually is.