Another Jonston county teen

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kevinsmithii, Jan 18, 2011.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Sadly this just came across my facebook :(

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7909352

JOHNSTON COUNTY (WTVD) -- School officials confirm a car accident Thursday morning claimed the life of a senior at North Johnston High School.

The wreck occurred in the 8200 block of Hinnant-Edgerton Road near Hickory Crossroads Road south of Kenly.

Pictures from the crash scene showed the teen's vehicle on its side against a tree.

The student has not yet been identified.

2. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Prayers going out to the family and friends of this student, as well as the family and friends of the CHS student.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yep, just saw it too on wral
    http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/8974333/

Kenly, N.C. — A North Johnston High School student died Thursday morning in a wreck, authorities said.
    Christopher Hayden Peedin, 17, was eastbound on Hinnant-Edgerton Road at about 6:45 a.m. when he lost control of his 1997 Toyota pickup near the intersection with Princeton-Kenly Road, according to the state Highway Patrol. The truck went off the road and into a ditch, flipped and slammed into a tree.
    Peedin, a senior at North Johnston High, was the only person in the truck. He died at the scene.
    Troopers said speed was a factor in the wreck. They also noted that Peedin wasn't wearing a seat belt.
    Johnston County Schools officials said grief counselors would be at the high school for students and staff.

and, again - speed and not wearing seatbelt.... :cry:

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

My XH was traveling down a dirt road at 10/15 mph (drunk), not wearing a seatbelt and died from being partially evicted while rolling it.

5. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

"they also noted that Peedin wasn't wearing a seat belt."

I am stunned by the amount of teenagers that are not wearing seat belts. WTH is SO hard about taking 10 seconds to buckle up? Is this some new ..cool..thing to do? not wearing seat belts? Come on everyone, please encourage your teenagers to wear seatbelts! As an ER RN and former EMS volunteer I have seen too many grief stricken families, listened to too many "what if" and "what a bright future he/she had".

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think it's always been the rebellious cool thing to do.