Another "restaurant" closed down

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bostonredhead, Apr 8, 2015.

1. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Post them here!

I'll start. I noticed that Quizno's behind DQ on 70 is gone...

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I noticed that one had closed. Is it just that one or did all the Quizno's close?

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

They have been closed for a couple of months.
    At the other end of same shopping center close to CVS Firehouse Subs is scheduled to open April 24.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That one closed Jan 1, i believe, and prior to that she closed the one she had in Smithfield. Quizno's near me in Raleigh on New Bern ave at the Walmart shopping center is still open.

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

This article is almost a year old, but a lot of the locations have closed.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolti...these-shrinking-restaurant-brands-grow-again/

Quiznos

When it comes to imploding restaurant chains, Quiznos is in a class by itself. In the past two years, over 44% of its stores have closed. From its 2006 height of over 5,000 restaurants, it’s now under 1,500 units, NRN reports.

Why are things so bad here, when America clearly loves sub sandwiches and rival Subway is the number-two chain in revenue, after McDonald's ? One of the prime reasons is its poor relations with franchisees, which have felt the company doesn’t do enough to help them operate profitably. This is a story I’ve been following a long time, back to when Quiznos franchise owners sued in the mid-2000s. Though lawsuits have been settled, franchisees remain unhappy, and average store grosses are low relative to competitors.

Outlook: Grim. Quiznos went through a pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization that ended this month, emerging with $400 million less debt and vows to treat franchisees better. But a death spiral this steep is super-tough to reverse, as consumers turn to other brands when they see closed stores in their neighborhoods. Quiznos will need to act quickly — both to improve franchisee relations and to let customers know what makes it special — if it’s to survive. While it’s been shrinking, competitors Firehouse Subs and Jersey Mike’s have been opening stores at a fast clip, so consumers may have moved on at this point.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the Firehouse Subs to open. I would love to see a Blimpie open up close

7. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

We quit going to Quiznos in Clayton because she would not honor Quizno's deal offers. She was a "non-participating" Quiznos. I am confident this policy cost her customers as I heard many customers voice their displeasure to her on this policy.

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

When my BFF was in town, we went to the Firehouse Subs in Garner. There isn't one where he lives and he was craving it. It was my first visit. I thought the sandwich was just okay, but it was WAY overpriced...ugh!

9. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

They've been working on this upfit for months. I hope the subs come out faster!

10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Last week I heard that Firehouse is hoping to open on April 24.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  11. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Glad it closed down. The only time I went there was the last time. They were too damn cheap on the meats. If I'm paying over 6 dollars for a 6 inch sub, it better be packed .

12. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

we miss american hero in walmart shopping center on us 70 in clayton. their cheese steak daily special including a fountain drink and chips for $5.95 was best deal in town. great value, good cheese steak sandwich, friendly and efficient service. that whole area is now deserted. so much for walmart bringing in customers for neighbor businesses.

13. Boston Redhead

Boston Redhead Active Member

Anyone know why the Rockin Comet diner is up for sale?

14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

My bid site shows a cookout is bidding a renovation for this spot. I think it was posted before but can't find it now. Looks like a demo rebuild, not renovate.

15. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

The address of the new owner is the same address for Cookout, so makes sense.

16. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I'd like to see at cookout with a sit-down part, not just drive thru. there is one of those on NC 55 in Durham

17. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

There is in-store seating at Cookout in Dunn, and on Jones Sausage Rd in Raleigh.

Speaking of restaurants closing, I'm hearing that all the Simple Twist restaurants didn't reopen after Christmas.

panthersdude2001 and markfnc like this.
  18. jesse82nc

Smithfield closed early 2023, it's an Indian restaurant. The one in Riverwood closed several months ago I thought, it's been a Mexican restaurant since at least June 2023.

The one at 40/42 closed at Christmas and didn't reopen. They posted about it online.

markfnc and NOT WOKE like this.
  19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

IIRC they had just opened one in Dunn too.

panthersdude2001 likes this.
  20. jesse82nc

That's right, I forgot that opened in the Spring of 2023 I think. It does look like that is closed as well now. Permanently. It didn't even make it a year.