any ideas, please

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by le, Jun 10, 2005.

1. le

le Well-Known Member

Now that the foster gal HAS to have FHO surgery, we are trying to fix her up with some good digs. She needs something bigger than her crate but not so big that she gets any unsupervised exercise. Keep in mind, we have to keep her little aggressive self isolated and away from all the other animals of the house...just to make things easier!
    Any, any advice or suggestions very welcome.

2. toysrmel.com

toysrmel.com Well-Known Member

Not knowing how big your dog is but I do kow someone who had there dog rehab in a kids playpen?

3. le

le Well-Known Member

Ingenius idea!
    This gal is right around 50 lbs.
    I am trying to figure out something based on things we have around the house and a playpen ain't one of those things!
    The rescue org has a humongous crate we could fetch but it has seen better days...
    Got anything else!?!

4. dundreamn

dundreamn Guest

crating ideas

Do you have a laundry room or bathroom that you could put a gate across the door for her. The play pen idea is good and you can pick these up at flea markets and garage sales pretty cheap. I'd also check around with the rescue groups and some "dog" clubs/or kennels/groomers in your area. someplaces will either loan or rent you a large crate. I know some of the mastiffs we used to place in NY would travel the airlines in these "huge" crates. Hope the surgery goes well.

5. le

le Well-Known Member

thanks dundreamn!
    we ended up borrowing two very big metal crates from our rescue org. we strung them together to give her one long run in the basement. she is hooked up down there, well but for the isolation!
    the gating off of one room is a good idea though, i had not thought of that. that only occurs to me when one has the runs!!!
    appreciate the input and well wishes.