Any playgroups around?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ljk, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I have a 20 month old son who doesn't get out much.... now that the older sibs are back in school I would like to get him around other kids. I know they dont play much together at this age, but he is a little shy and I want to help him get more exposure to people.

Are there any local play groups? Or is there anyone out there that wants to work together to make one? I would love a morning time, since that is when he is at his best...

Any suggestions?

2. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I know there is a Mom's Club of Clayton. Not really a playgroup, but you can bring your little one to play with others while the mom's meet. I have more info on it if you are interested. :)

3. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Playgroups

There are 2 local organizations you can check out. One is MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers. We meet the 3rd Monday of each month at Cleveland Community Church, 9:30 to noon (ish). :)

The other is Mothers Unlimited.

I belong to both, joining both when we moved here last year because I didn't know anyone. I've met some great ladies and kids thru both of these organizations.

If you are interested, please email me and I can get more info to you.

Jan

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I am a little older than most moms of toddlers. My oldest is almost 19 years old :oops: are either of these groups more suited for middle age moms? :lol: I dont want to be in a group with all 20 year olds.... (not that they wouldnt be fun, but I would like to make a few friends my age with toddlers.)

5. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Both MOPS and Mothers Unlimited has moms of all ages, and not all of them are in their 20's. As I said earlier, I belong to both, and know there are women in both groups from their early 20's to their early 50's.

To find out more about MOPS, go to www.mopsofcleveland.com

To find out more about Mothers Unlimited, go to www.mothersunlimited.com

Jan

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Or you could hang out with Cleo, she's fun. :lol:

8. Cleopatra

I thought about that, but if her son is gunshy around other kids...my daughter would send him running for the hills! She is WIDE OPEN.

Now the toddler I watch (she is 2 also) is much more docile.

If you're up for it, send me a PM. :)

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I almost called you and stopped by but I was hot from my winter wonderland gear I had on this am when I left at 9 :?
    I was hot, sweaty and stinky ! :shock: :lol:

10. Cleopatra

So was I! I just got to shower an hour ago... :shock: