Anyone participate in a food co-op?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Apr 5, 2009.

1. falk25

falk25 Member

Not all of it is organic, which would be nice... but as op mentioned, it will say if it is organic. I got my first box today. I was happy with my produce. It is very fresh and looks great! I even added a jar of local honey to my order. I am using the sweet potatoes for tomorrow nights' dinner= Sweet potato fries, oven baked!

I guess doorstep market doesn't use just Smith's nursery either. I was kind of hoping to support local farms.... but the good thing with the doorstep market is that you get an order form and you can substitute and/or add on to your order. And, you can pay each week. Most CSA's you pay in the beginning and then just show up and get your box every week- you don't even know what you're getting. This way is better if you like to plan your meals.

2. falk25

falk25 Member

Oh, and in my box today was 2 tomatoes, an organic herloom tomato plant, 4 sweet potatoes, about 6 or 7 new potatoes (from florida), asparagus (huge), green onions, a box of strawberries, and I added a jar of local honey. This is for a single share- $21, plus you have to pay a $7 fee in the beginning, and the honey was $8.50, and I got extra potatoes- so I paid $39 today, but my weekly bill will be $21. Unless I add stuff of course. I can't say for sure if it's cheaper than the grocery store... it may be a wash... or it may depend on where you shop.