Applebees at 40/42 shut down

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Nov 18, 2018.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Confirmed: The Applebees at 40/42 is out of business. Funny that it was just a couple days after Good Times opened right behind them. Evidently staff didn't have any notice.

If anyone remembers, it was just a couple years ago that the one on US70 in Garner closed down as well. I guess the nearest one left is in Fuquay.

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

3. ricks99

ricks99 Well-Known Member

4. markfnc

I wonder if Garner/4042/Smithfield were Corp locations or franchise.?

5. markfnc

I liked that Applebee's put in "local" decorations. Local High School stuff, etc.
    I know the 40/42 group let us do a pancake breakfast for GCAA baseball (???, cant remember what group) as a fund raiser.

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I've always been curious to have a conversation with a kitchen employee of a fast casual restaurant like this to determine if they really 'cook' food. I am sure some of it is, but sauces and other stuff have to come out of a bag/box. It seems like it is just warmed up. Always so rich and salty like it was made in a lab.

Auxie likes this.
  7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I got a steak from Applebees a few years ago. Had nice grill marks on it but the steak was grey in color. Not just a litle bit. The entire steak was grey. Just like a crayon. Havent been back to one since.

8. panthersdude2001

panthersdude2001 Well-Known Member

Applebee's must be closing left and right. Now the one in Fuquay is on its way out soon. Anyone had the unlimited chicken tenders? I didn't BECAUSE THEY LIED!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Auxie likes this.