Are you a Daddy's Girl? - a few songs for you

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

ncmom: that is a great song and a great video. I had not heard that one before.

2. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

My dad and I danced at my wedding to Butterfly Kisses. I am SUCH a Daddys Girl and I am 31. Although I LOVE my momma!!!!! and it is nice bc they are still together after 36 years. 33 married and 3 dating!!!:hurray:

3. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

4. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

5. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Help! I am putting together a dvd for my dd's HS graduation and I need a song for the baby and childhood pix. I had Butterfly Kisses on there - but when I played the dvd for my dh - he just flat out broke down crying :cry:..... and so now I'm thinking maybe I need something meaningful but not quite so 'emotional' if you know what I mean. This is supposed to be a party, a celebration so not sure I want to get everyone all choked up....:lol: I looked at most of these in the post - but so far, not what I'm looking for. TIA!!

I'm using My Wish for You (Rascal Flats) and 100 Yrs (5 for fighting) for the later yrs.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I can't listen to this one without tearing up like a baby. I have two little girls that I am so proud of and they are my life but I don't get to see them nearly enough. I'm involved with them, but I've missed so much by not being with them all of the time. Crap - there I go again. I shouldn't have listened to it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  8. Daddy's girl here...talk to him everyday and see him at least once a week. What a blessing. He talks real slow with his southern draw and has the gentlest spirit. He's 60 years old...so I hope I have lots more time with him. If not, I'm thankful for the time I've had with him.

9. Heartland- I loved her first

Total Daddy's Girl here. Danced to this song at my wedding and there wasnt a dry eye in the house. I was fine until my Daddy said "Are we crying yet?" and cue the break down. By the end we were more hugging and walking in circles then dancing but its a memory I will cherish.

10. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

11. Here's another one that's a tear jerker. He wrote this before his little girl died.

Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk5SZ18WhY

12. Whoops - I guess the link didn't work? I don't know what happened. Just look up Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman on You Tube.:)

13. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

It is a good song.

Someone submitted it awhile back in Post #6.

Appreciate the reminder.

14. oops! I didn't read all the posts...duuuuuhhhh

15. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

16. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

My daughter got married 7 months ago and at her wedding, the song she chose for the daddy/daughter dance was "Baby Mine" by Alison Krauss. I put together a slide show of pictures from when he first held her in the delivery room up until her bridal shower and timed it with the music. It definitely created lots of happy tears.

18. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

19. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

20. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member