Are you nervous with the decisions Obama is making?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browns rule, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Does it really matter who you voted for at this point? Other than to assign a stupid label to either side?

I believe President Obama entered into this with good intentions. He then arrived in Sin City, the District of Corruption. He found that Corporate America has the city by the cohunes’ and they are willing to squeeze on a moments notice to get what they want. He's now playing the game the same corrupt way it’s been played for the past 30 years.

You can see in his face that he doesn't like it. There's a big difference between that and the smiles of his predecessors. Rome wasn't built in a day and the corruption in DC won't stop overnight. I think I'll give him more time than 6 months before throwing stones with the non-sinners and jumping ship like a rat.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:iagree:

3. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Lunacy

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I think most people who either did not vote for Obama or are now changing their party affiliation in some form of regret usually deal in absolutes. No elected official, I repeat, NO ELECTED OFFICIAL will ever be able to please all of the people all of the time. I think this is why some die-hard republicans are so comfortable with their affiliation, because most of their issues are often thought of as either black or white with no middle ground.

Do I disagree with a few things Obama has done? Yes.

Overall, do I think he is doing a good job? Yes.

Most importantly, am I so fickle and wishy-washy that I will go out and change my party affiliation based on 5 months of leadership? No.

Am I a patient guy? Yes, I have waited 8 years for this and I am not willing to turn on someone I supported so quickly.

5. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

I feel like this question isn't directed at me since I never supported nor
    voted for him,:mrgreen:,,,But,

What makes me nervous isn't obama but the leaders of Iran and North Korea

6. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

How long did you support GW before you gave up on him?

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I never gave up on him. I have agreements and disagreements with things that occurred on his watch. I'd rather have him back than Brack Marx.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

Does it really matter who you voted for???? WTH kind of response is that... If that is the attitude you present why the hell even vote if it doesn't matter now... Another classic one there... :nopity:

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

ddrdunce is one of those that voted for brack because he is a Dem.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually if you were around here for a while you would see that he doesn't have a love for the Democrats and actually got some heat for his stance in 2004.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Yes I'm nervous. If you think it's bad now, just wait until those 2500 car dealers close their doors. Even if half of them stay open with other brands it's still going to destroy small town America.

I hope everyone likes Walmart, at this pace that's all we will have left. We manufacture nothing anymore. Where is our wealth going to come from?

I have this strange sense of doom. It's weird.

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

So which is it? The bailout money given to Detroit or the forced bankruptcy proceedings? We can't have it both ways.

I don't really think any of this plays into the Obama equation. He didn't draft their crappy business plan over the last decade or so.

13. H3xKing

H3xKing Well-Known Member

No that was Bush's fault, just like everything else.

BTW we are having it both ways; the bailout money was given, but they are still filing bankruptcy. Who would have ever guessed that would happen?

14. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Obama had no choice with the banks even though that was largely a product of regulation. The GM bailout is a disgrace and should alone cost him a re-election.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Uhhh... I really don't think that was Bush's fault either, nor was I implying that. I believe it was just generally crappy management and crappy unions pushing out a crappy product and never adapting to changing market conditions. But since it just so happens that the fit hits the shan on Obama's watch then he has to deal with it one way or another.

17. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

18. H3xKing

H3xKing Well-Known Member

It is called sarcasm.

I never thought that you even implied it, just put it in there because it seems lately that everything is claimed as bush's fault. Never mind that we have an entire country full of idiots running about willy-nilly, being led by the biggest idiots of them all.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Folks are going to get mad at you for calling Rush and Newt out like that!

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Good one!

Sherry