Assisted Living

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Jul 16, 2017.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hi there....... Does anyone have any suggestions of a really good Assisted Living Facility around Clayton, Garner, Benson, Smithfield area? My Mom would need alittle more care such as getting up from a sitting position, needs help getting dressed, and showering.......... Thanks a bunch in this sad time of mine........And maybe what costs are involved..........

2. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I need that info to. Have live in now but need to plan ahead. Cost would be helpful.
    How old is your Mom Robbie?

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

There's 2 new places over by the hospital on 42. Don't know much about them, but they are new and very nice outside.

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

My Mom is going to be 76.... Do you happen to know the names of the 2 new places? Thanks :)

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Thank You for the info..... I will look into all :)

8. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Let me know if you find out the cost? Thanks

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Average cost for a private 1 bedroom is about $3800 a month in assisted living. Nursing care is about double that. If you aren't private pay, and are depending on Medicaid, you will not get a private room. Unless they've been built in the last 4-5 years, I've been in just about every assisted living facility in Johnston/Southern Wake county. If you find yourself narrowing it down and have specific questions about facilities, please feel free to reach out to me.

The best advice I can offer you though, is to do your homework, visit unannounced, and be involved.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Very well put,,,

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

No matter how nice some place looks on the surface, be sure to check their deficiencies, past and present. Those are any issues that are found when the state comes in to do their surveys. I'm pretty sure they are a matter of public record, I found ones on a home where my husbands grandmother had been placed several years ago.

12. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Windsor Point in Fuquay is really nice. Not convenient to Clayton.

13. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I would recommend going to the EMS station that serves the center you are looking at. The EMT's and Paramedics are in and out of these places on a regular basis. They can tell you which ones they are at 2-3 times day and which ones actually know what has been happening with the patients before they are called.

Auxie, BuzzMyMonkey and Rockyv58 like this.
  14. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Thank You for the info. I have checked into a few places and guess what? My Mom is in a fantastic place on Long Island NY AND the New York facilities are cheaper than the NC places!!!! SO.... I told my Mom and she said she will stay where she is for now..........But on the flip side.. My MIL just went into a nursing home in Tampa, FL and she only pays out of pocket 800. !!! Go figure....