Attempted suicide at McGee's Middle this AM?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jan 5, 2009.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything else about this? I was laying in bed this morning and I heard the call go out over the scanner that there was an attempted suicide at the entrance to the middle school on Hwy. 50. I tried to listen for more but I fell asleep and didn't hear anything else.

2. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

OMG.
    No haven't heard anything but curious now. Wonder if my kids will know anything when they get home. Obvisiouly not gonna come right out and ask if they heard that there was an attempted suicide.

3. Grammie

Grammie Guest

My son goes there have you gotten an update?

4. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

omg no I havent heard this, wonder if it will be on the news or not. but I have heard alot of these go over the scanner in the last few weeks.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:shock::shock:

stuff like this is usually kept very quiet (as far as news goes)...I have two there too.....this disturbs me so. If this is true, it'll be the 2nd one (attempt).

Michelle, don't you have someone you can call and confirm? hubby even? I am not sure I can wait till this afternoon.....

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

really, kids or adults?

7. KellBell

kids

8. michelle

No, sorry I don't have any more facts. All I heard was the call for EMS and that it was supposedly at the entrance to the middle school that's on Hwy. 50. I don't have a child there so you guys will probably find out more than me.

9. ShrtnSwt

Just found out it was an adult and no children were involved.

10. michelle

He was already on his way to work. I talked to him later and he didn't hear the call go out. I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this. I didn't mean to upset you guys with kids there. I'm SURE if it was something more serious that put other kids in danger you would have been contacted.

11. ShrtnSwt

2nd one?

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

that is truely sad..

13. michelle

Thank goodness. Were they able to help the adult?

14. KellBell

yep. it's very sad indeed.

15. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

thanks for the info

16. KellBell

an adult? WTFizzle?

17. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

wonder if it was a teacher or something, to be sure a parent would not do this. What are people thinking..

18. michelle

Maybe a teacher that wasn't ready to go back to school? JUST KIDDING!

19. KellBell

now I am PO'd......being stupid enough to kill yourself is one thing....involving others....at a school.....for pete's sake....

:banghead::banghead:

20. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

yep, if you are going to do it atleast take it away from others especially kids.