Baby shower

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

A few years ago when I did a baby shower for my DIL, some of the things we did.....

new baby bottles (cleaned) filled with 1 oz or so of punch and every guest received one and the first one to finish their baby bottle (drinking from the nipple) won

Gave each guest a piece of paper with the baby's full name on it and asked them to see how many words they could make out of the baby's name in 5 minutes and whom ever had the most won

We also had a ball of yarn and had everyone look at Jess' belly and guess how big around she was and cut the string the size they thought she was. When everyone was finished, we took the string and put them around Jess and the one closest to how big she was won.

We also did a parenting advice box and everyone wrote something on it and we read it out loud. Some of the things were funny.

For prizes, I just went and bought some super sized choc bars and then went and got some necklaces (the ones that are at Walmart for $5). I wrapped the necklaces and taped one to each candy bar. Then the winners each got a candy bar and a gift.

You can also go to the dollar tree and find things for gifts or prizes, decorations, etc. I know the dollar tree in Smithfield is bigger than the one in Clayton.