Bathrooms in Charlotte

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ridge, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Ridge

Ridge Active Member

Just wondering if I am the only one who thinks the Charlotte City Council needs lynching? Also... they have given the person to choose which bathroom they want to use. Just wondering what the law said before about someone in the bathroom of the opposite sex? What was the punishment if caught?

2. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I'd like to know exactly how many people they catered to with their decision that seems to affect 100% of the population.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Well now you can go into the womens room if you want to with no repercussions. Just say you were feeling like a woman that day.

Or what happens when an old man goes into the womens room to spy on young girls? If he just says he feels like a woman, no punishment now.

4. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

This is sheer lunacy!

Auxie likes this.
  5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I have seen women use the men's restrooms many of time at concerts and sporting events in the past. How is this different?

Melon and Sherry A. like this.
  6. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me in the least. Conversely, what happens when a perverted homosexual goes in the same sex bathroom? Well, most times they pee or crap.

Melon, Bucky, Sherry A. and 1 other person like this.
  7. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

O
    Or what happens when an old woman goes into the Men's Room to spy on young men? Same thing applies.:eek:

jesse82nc likes this.
  8. jesse82nc

She can just say she was feeling manly that day. lol

Auxie likes this.
  9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Not having seen the ordinance it is hard to discuss it accurately, however it was aimed at allowing transgender persons to stay in the sexual mode with which they identify. Thus, a person born as a man but who lives as a woman would be allowed to use the women's restroom and a person born as a woman but living as a man would be allowed to use the men's restroom. The ordinance should make it clear the person would have to be appropriately dressed as the sex indicated for the particular restroom and not just allow any random claim as justification for use. That would follow the spirit of the legislation's intent which is not to force a person dressed and acting as a woman to use a men's restroom or a person dressed and acting as a man to use a woman's restroom. Both of which could be more of a problem than the ordinance is viewed to be

10. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Stupid ordinance. Guys will be dressing up as women just to see my booty.

11. jesse82nc

How do you define dressed as a man or woman? Which of these is a guy and which is a girl, and who is dressed as what?

upload_2016-2-25_15-49-30.png upload_2016-2-25_15-50-4.png upload_2016-2-25_15-51-28.png

What happens when they both wear the same thing?
    upload_2016-2-25_15-51-4.png

You can see how this can be a slippery slope, and who defines what?

12. Wayne Stollings

Yes, which depends on what the ordinance says. The transgender people do have a significant issue with this.

Bruce Jenner would have been required to use the men's room but at some point towards becoming Caitlan Jenner that would have changed. When to make the change is something the legal system will have to define such as in the case of this ordinance.

13. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

You took all the fun out of the postings.
    I wonder if male transgenders and female transgenders ever get married to each other.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  14. Wayne Stollings

Sorry, maybe this will help ....

Perhaps the restrooms could be marked "Yours", "Mine", and "Theirs"? :confused:

Or "Venus", "Mars", and "Uranus"? :D

Or the symbol for male, the symbol for female, and the symbol for the artist formerlly known as Prince?

cynadon likes this.
  15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Just change your avatar to your booty instead of your boobies than we can all see it.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

17. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think it is primarily their fan base they are concerned about, but the State law went beyond restrooms and basically let discrimination stand for not only transgender individuals, but also for Gays and other individuals, which we already know impacts not only all the corporations that are objecting but also basketball players.

19. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I've thought about it, but I'm still seriously confused about all these gender related issues coming into the forefront lately. I don't think I will ever understand it - just too far outside of my comfort zone, I guess. So, why not just make all restrooms built as unisex, individual bathrooms? Like those "family bathrooms"? Problem solved. Why does everything need to be politicized?

Auxie, Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  20. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

when you going to public out house? i do want to see your booty.

poppin cork likes this.